Sachs Dolmar 112 Won't run

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what I would do,(but I'm cheap)
Jerry has years of experience with old SDs so my thought is he's spot on.
A few light scratches are normal, carbon flakes off around the exhaust and will leave a few.

If you do go with the modern ignition module, there is no need to remove the old points inside the flywheel.
Them flywheels are on there very tight (don't ask me how I know)

I had an old Mac 7-10 that blew 110 PSI, I beat myself up on the ignition, carb, etc.
Finally took it down and the damned rings were stuck in the lands.

Your mileage may vary,

Good luck

I know what I would do,(but I'm cheap)
Jerry has years of experience with old SDs so my thought is he's spot on.
A few light scratches are normal, carbon flakes off around the exhaust and will leave a few.

If you do go with the modern ignition module, there is no need to remove the old points inside the flywheel.
Them flywheels are on there very tight (don't ask me how I know)

I had an old Mac 7-10 that blew 110 PSI, I beat myself up on the ignition, carb, etc.
Finally took it down and the damned rings were stuck in the lands.

Your mileage may vary,

Good luck

I'll probably give most a run for their money in the cheap dept. (just ask my wife!)

Just got back to the saw and pulled the cylinder. Piston has some decent vertical groves top to bottom near the intake. Wonder if some crud got sucked in over the years. ring also looked a bit "out of shape" on the exhaust side which may account for the 125 psi. Cylinder fortunately looks pretty good.

Anyway, ordered the aftermarket replacement piston/ring set. Not so sure on that, but seems some on the site had good luck with them and the OEM was 50+ bucks more (that cheap thing I mentioned).

Anyway, I'll see where that goes and post when stuff comes in, although got a sneaky suspicion the pioneer guy is right, but one thing at a time.

Thanks...

Well, I certainly can't think of many times where someone makes a saw run worse with new rings, so it can't hurt! It'd sure be nice if that does it for you!

Back