Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question Dolmar guys.

I got a Carlton DO061 ss sprocket and its a 3/8 x7. I was told it fit the 152-166 saws but it does not. The id of the bore on the sprocket is 18.7mm while the one on the Poulan 6000 that I have is 21.16mm

Got any idea what this sprocket is supposed to fit?

Also where can I get a 3/8 x8 sprocket for the 152/6000? I would prefrer a rim drive.

That's easy! Talk to Lee or Wendell! :hmm3grin2orange:

But what's the point?

You have no money ....

You will have to pry my old dead fingers off
the bars of them bad boy 166's before i will
ever get rid of one.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Lee

I told Ted he was dillusional. Steve doesn't have a second 166 to spare.....people are breaking ebay rules to pay stupid money for roached 166's......and I wouldn't think of asking Lee to get through life with less than 20 166's. Some people just won't listen to reason. Gotta expect that from a guy that'd turn his nose up at a 6800i because it ain't blue...:D

Last edited:
I told Ted he was dillusional. Steve doesn't have a second 166 to spare.....people are breaking ebay rules to pay stupid money for roached 166's......and I wouldn't think of asking Lee to get through life with less than 20 166's. Some people just won't listen to reason. Gotta expect that from a guy that'd turn his nose up at a 6800i because it ain't blue...:D

I'm not turning my nose up at it (see my sig?). Just indicating a preference, that's all.

The 6800i sitting 18' behind me in the garage will be a nice saw after I'm done with it. But I will continue to wait for a nice DCS-6800i.

I'm not turning my nose up at it (see my sig?). Just indicating a preference, that's all.

The 6800i sitting 18' behind me in the garage will be a nice saw after I'm done with it. But I will continue to wait for a nice DCS-6800i.

I was just funnin' you at the end of my post Ted. The "color thing" wasn't really the point of my post either...

Hi guys, I got another 120S (Mac 6800 really) but it needs the fan that screws onto the flywheel. I will also post this in the Trade thread but thought you fellows might be my best bet! Will pay via Paypal including shipping to me in Oz.
I also have some 120SI parts to trade but shipping costs might make this a bad option.
Please PM me.

Al.

Found! Thanks Jockeyduece.

Hi guys, I got another 120S (Mac 6800 really) but it needs the fan that screws onto the flywheel. I will also post this in the Trade thread but thought you fellows might be my best bet! Will pay via Paypal including shipping to me in Oz.
I also have some 120SI parts to trade but shipping costs might make this a bad option.
Please PM me.

Al.

You will have to pry my old dead fingers off
the bars of them bad boy 166's before i will
ever get rid of one.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Lee

Hey Lee,

me thinks you need more (many more) fingers.

Oh well, if life passes me by without the pleasure of owning a 166, it was meant to be.

Hey Lee,

me thinks you need more (many more) fingers.

Oh well, if life passes me by without the pleasure of owning a 166, it was meant to be.

Just go to Lee's place and bask in the glory of his collection. I'll bet he's got about 75-80% of the remaining running 166's in North America.:D

No can do there Aaron,

I just want 1 to bolt my 50" Cannon on. Seeing (parts) of Lees collection in pictures has already done serious damage to my (usually) common sense.

couple pics of my puller for yellowriver:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sachs Dolmar 112 question

A customer brought me the above saw that a saw shop told him the ignition module was bad. It would cank and idle fine but would cut out at high rpm. I doubt that it was the ignition, but it was tore down when I got it and I was not going to put it back together to check.
I was to put an Electronic unit on it for him. In the process I pressure tested it and it had a leak on the ignition side. It was not the seal. It was a hole in the crankcase. This is a first for me.
What is the general rule to repair this. I though about drilling and tapping it, but it is in an area where there is no room for a screw with a head so I would have to use a set screw and some kind of sealant.
The next question is "how bad is it on the inside"? Also if I do this there are the metal chips--no way to get them out of the crankcase except split the case.
Any ideas or coments? Tom P S I would part it out except this is the cleanest 112 I have seen. The piston and cylinder are pristine, no streaks, no scoring and no blow-by.

A customer brought me the above saw that a saw shop told him the ignition module was bad. It would cank and idle fine but would cut out at high rpm. I doubt that it was the ignition, but it was tore down when I got it and I was not going to put it back together to check.
I was to put an Electronic unit on it for him. In the process I pressure tested it and it had a leak on the ignition side. It was not the seal. It was a hole in the crankcase. This is a first for me.
What is the general rule to repair this. I though about drilling and tapping it, but it is in an area where there is no room for a screw with a head so I would have to use a set screw and some kind of sealant.
The next question is "how bad is it on the inside"? Also if I do this there are the metal chips--no way to get them out of the crankcase except split the case.
Any ideas or coments? Tom P S I would part it out except this is the cleanest 112 I have seen. The piston and cylinder are pristine, no streaks, no scoring and no blow-by.

I'm still thinking donor saw. Just my opinion. You almost have to separate the case, and then fix it, while you're there blah blah so on.

I'm still thinking donor saw. Just my opinion. You almost have to separate the case, and then fix it, while you're there blah blah so on.

If there is a way to repair it and it will work I think it is worth repairing.
I buy most of my saws out of saw shops and most of them have been rode hard and put up wet. This saw has been well cared for. Tom

Could you JB weld the hole?
I have had great success drilling and tapping
holes into cases. I just put a little grease on the
bit to hold the chips from going into the case.
If you use a set screw, Then i would be affraid
of it coming loose and going into the case.
How big is this hole?

Lee

Could you JB weld the hole?
I have had great success drilling and tapping
holes into cases. I just put a little grease on the
bit to hold the chips from going into the case.
If you use a set screw, Then i would be affraid
of it coming loose and going into the case.
How big is this hole?

Lee

The hole is very small (pin hole). I also thought about the problem with a set screw. That is why I was wondering about an adhesive and what kind to use. Tom

have you considered finding a VERY GOOD welder to close that hole up. magnesium can be welded but got to know what you're doing. prolly would have to split the case to do that anyway. question in my mind is if that saw was so well taken care of how come its got a hole in the case? white death? wonder where else it might be thin?

Back