Saw Fest Ohio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stage being done for stands.

Folks coming in from the west coast this year to compete. Remember once the 50 slots filled for racing thats it. It's close to full now.

Unlimited spectators this year. So not limited to a 100 like in past.

Attachments

• sf24stage.jpg
    sf24stage.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 0
Interesting drone shot from past event.

Goes on now for 2 days. Friday October 11th start time for competition will be 3pm. Saturday October 12th start time will be 10am. Please show up early for final check-in/registrations.
Looks like a blast.
Not sure I'd want to be there knowing the feds are watching though 😅.

.....and you get your winter firewood cut and it's basically for free...lol Looks like a good time actually. I always enjoy gatherings like that. Maybe I should host one, but not with chainsaws but with firearms in as much as I own a very private 350 yard shooting range that extends across the back of my property complete with covered shooting benches and a 1/2" thick steel backstop with 19 feet of sand in front of the steel. Lots of shooters modify their firearms and build their own custom handloads as well and I get all the spent cases to reload myself as well (providing they are calibers I do reload. The rest can go to scrap and brass is commanding a high scrap price today. Like copper. Even our Township Supervisor shoots on my range (with my permission of course. Invitation of course only. I know the backstop works as I built it. It arrests not only my338 Lapua bullets, it arrests a buddy's 50 Barrett bullets as well and it has never got even a dimple in the steel.

I bet the Feds would be watching, they watch everything today...

Nobody I know uses Aspen or Poplar for firewood in midwest.

What all those cookies do at end of cutting each day. Set around at night at your camper or chair.

Missed the gator food served one year one the bbq.

Attachments

• sffireeee.jpg
    sffireeee.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 0
  • sffiree.jpg
    sffiree.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 0
  • sffire.jpg
    sffire.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 0
  • sffireee.jpg
    sffireee.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 0
  • sffood.jpg
    sffood.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 0
42 out of the limit of 50 for racing registered. 10 days will be closed, no more for the racing classes after that.

Both east coast and west coast guys coming.

Spectators now unlimited. Used to be capped at a 100 when they were learning on the event.

Best run racing gtg I ever attended. Nothing else compares, unless you been to a real race event. It is so organized and flows great through events.

If like when I was there was 2 guys with their dyno's too.

Attachments

• sf22dyno.jpg
    sf22dyno.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Back