Saw shoot out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah dennis - agree with gypo - take some well deserved rest - im sure the guys can wait a little while longer as hard as it is im sure they dont want to kill you off doing it as they will want more saws done by you. now pop in a video (hmmm...LOL) and grap a blanket and get some rest - we'll talk to you once you kick this bug!:D

One extremely happy customer.:D

I got a chance to use my 2171 by Dennis today. I am pulling 60 crowns for random length firewood, so I put a 16" bar on it to lop the terminal branches in the and for bucking to length on the landing after skidding. Should have 24 cords when done. The saw is nice and light after using the 088KD for felling. The 2171G starts first pull every time and blasts thru the Rock Maple. Its running about 12hp now because I know how to file.
Will post pictures soon, my batteries are dead.... left my charger in the Yukon..... so I charge them at my Stihl/Husky dealer now.
John

I second Gyro's sentiments, Den. From the last couple of talks we've had over the phone, your schedule this summer has been non-stop. Take a break and give the body some rest.

Though I appreciate the evening posting of cutting results (a lot), take it easy, why don'tcha?

Gypo Can Sharpen a Chain?

That's a good one,Gypo telling us that he can sharpen a chain.
Two week ago,Rick the big creep(the man that ate all of Gypos food)brought his Walkerized 2171 here to run it against one of my Power Ported 372s.The saw came from John and Rick claimed that John sharpened it before he purchased it and never used it since that time.The saw basically had a freshly sharpened Gypo chain.Here are some time that we cut in a 18" poplar log.

Walkerized 2171 Gypo chain (72LG) 10.77,10.89,10.21
PP 372 (72Lg File by me) 7.75

Then we installed my bar and chain to test the 2071
We figured that Gypo cant file a chain.LOL
2071 my B/C 8.75,8.20,8.51
PP372 Gypo B/C 9.25,9.39

Gypo if you come down here to visit Rick and I,I can find the time to show you how to use a file. LOL
Bring a saw along and we will have some fun.I will have you buried in white chips while you are still chewing through your first cut.
Later
Dan

What's up with this? Dan, are you trying to suggest that my 90 second tickle with a round file wont the mustard?
Well this is an absolute outrage!
Actually, how did a 2171 by Walkers ever get into the picture? It was a Walkerized 372 I sold to Rick the Creep and that was a year ago, which of course only attests to my stay sharp filing abilities after noting the times,Grrrrrrrrr.
I dont think we are getting the straight goods here, since I know for a fact that Rick used that chain for dental floss.
Anyway, I wish I had know all about this last Wed. a.m. when I had to sleep in the Pittsburg airport overnight on the floor after missing my connecting flight to Toronto after the bad storm you had on Tues.
Im getting my 2171G filed up so you had better brace yourself, cause Im gonna hit you with so many flurries, you'll think your in a snow storm.
P.S. Im glad the Nevrdull was still working.
Frank's Plank

Gypo Super Sharp Chains

I stand corrected,I had so many chips flying from my saw that it covered all the orange on Rick's saw.Same saw just a different color.
Had I known that you were stranded in the airport,I would have gladly came out there and picked you up.
Here is a picture of Rick's chain,I am not sure what John was thinking of,when he bent the cutters up with his pipe wrench.I think that he even sharpened the top of the cutters.

I know you always told us that your chains had a large beak after you butcher it with your file but this is ridiculous.
Later
Dan

http://www.sunlink.net/~dozerdan/gypochain.jpg

had a large beak after you butcher it with your file...

That's some of that advanced "buck Horn Grind" ain't it?

11. “Thou shall not covet thy neighbor’s chainsaw”
The reason why No. 11 was never posted is even God can't obey that.:D

Hey Dozerdan,Man what a chain,it looks hot enough to melt thru wood and hot enough to burn the paint off the bar too!

Circa 1972-5, my boss, a gardener/landscaper, had two saws, both electric. one had that fancy chain on it, self sharpening.. Oh yeah!!

I think we got a real saw, or at least different chain after enough of us complained.

Dennis ,
I can't wait to see the times after you get done working your magic on my 066......
Maybe I will send you a real chain so we are running apples and apples........any how kkep up the good work you the man !!!!!!

Eric, I am sure that 066 will pull pretty good...heck, it already does...and I will use the exact same chain I did with the first cut, then we will use a round ground chain on Scotts saw and then the square ground..just to note the differences in the chain as well...

Gypo and others...I appreciate the concern, but no rest for the wicked...;) I am going hard till Christmas time now, and then 10 days off...where? I dont know yet...lol...hopefully a snowcapped mountain somewhere with my board.....or a warm beach with two pina coladas...but seriously...all will be well...just no alcohol or caffeine in the diet right now..lots of prescribed drugs...lol...no Gyro, no hallucinogens I can send you...I think you have had enough..(he thinks he can file:rolleyes: )

Dennis
I am glad you are up and around again.But no caffeine would be the end of me for sure.I know my body would go into shock and shut down.Alcohol isn't a problem with me,last year I had 6 beers.I had three already this year,so I better slow down some.
I really like your comment about gypo and his file.He had the whole forum convinced that he could use it but we know better.
Later
Dan

Latest posts

Back