scored another saw today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any free/cheap saw... is a good saw. I say port it and pipe it. :D

i thought about pulling it down and doing a small port job on it just for the heck of it. If i did that i bet it will keep up with my 361:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

The OP did nothing wrong...he didn't cheat, lie or use deception in any way. It's not his fault the seller/donator had crap for brains...Daddy can't go through life holding your hand all the time.

thanks soul :cheers:

Hey !!!
you guys are missing something !!

this is the season for RECIEVING isnt it ??

gimme,gimme,gimmeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..............

guess i was raised to help people, not to take advantage of them. i bought a saw a year or so ago that i was pretty sure had a tripped CB, but it required a tool or at least a big pair of pliars to reset. i made it clear that this was likely the problem. the seller told me to take the saw anyway. i did and was glad to do so, but i also didn't feel bad bc i had made the issue know to the seller. bargaining when buying is smart, but to blantantly take advantage of someone's ignorance is operating at a pretty low level.

your moral values are set pretty high and I respect that. But to suggest the OP did something wrong was, IMO, a little imperious. And yes, I totally pulled "imperious" from the thesarus.:laugh:

your moral values are set pretty high and I respect that. But to suggest the OP did something wrong was, IMO, a little imperious. And yes, I totally pulled "imperious" from the thesarus.:laugh:

This type of subject has been discussed on here before with the same results..
some think because the seller has more than one or lot's of money it's ok to not make the seller aware of a potential minor problem.
in this case it could have gone like this.....

start the saw,flip the brake,saw runs fine..say to the owner i'll give you $20 for it..if the owner wants to keep it ask for $20 for fixing it..

some cant imagine how personal integrity in dealing with people affects the other party..they go away thinking " i wish there were more people like that" .
worth more than money to me..

The original post has been edited, but it seems that 08f150 bought the saw for $20.00 and the only thing wrong with it was the owner didn't about the chainbrake. Correct?

Tough call.

The best thing would've been reset the CB, tell the seller what was "wrong," and ask him if he still wants to sell the saw (what I would've done).

OTOH, it would be tempting to buy a saw cheap from someone who doesn't have the common sense to know about the CB.

I didn`t get to read the original unadulatered post but it seems a lot of members are jumping on ole 08F150 for getting a cheap or free saw. I get my fair share of free saws, even cheap saws from owners not wanting to pay for repairing them. I always ask what is wrong with the saw and most say its broke, I don`t want to bother or pay to get it fixed. Often they say use it for parts or fix it if you want, they are sick of it and just want to be rid of it. Even if I offer to fix it for free they don`t want it back. If they say to me make me an offer on a saw that I have not had the chance to look into I am not going to offer them top dollar, on an ole Poulan like that I would likely not even make an offer, I would have to give it away after repairing it. My give away saws are usually 026`s.

Pioneerguy600

The original post has been edited, but it seems that 08f150 bought the saw for $20.00 and the only thing wrong with it was the owner didn't about the chainbrake. Correct?

Tough call.

The best thing would've been reset the CB, tell the seller what was "wrong," and ask him if he still wants to sell the saw (what I would've done).

OTOH, it would be tempting to buy a saw cheap from someone who doesn't have the common sense to know about the CB.

If he paid 20 for that saw he got ripped!!!:laugh: 08 you did the guy a favor by getting that saw away from him.

good score on the saw! umm not that I dont take apart chainsaws on my kitchen table er anything :D but if I were to do so in a manner with a table cloth and some "normal" table items as seen in the pic.. I believe my wife would royally kick my ass. ps.. there is a tore apart husky 50 sitting on my table now. ( wifes NOT home)

I didn`t get to read the original unadulatered post but it seems a lot of members are jumping on ole 08F150 for getting a cheap or free saw. I get my fair share of free saws, even cheap saws from owners not wanting to pay for repairing them. I always ask what is wrong with the saw and most say its broke, I don`t want to bother or pay to get it fixed. Often they say use it for parts or fix it if you want, they are sick of it and just want to be rid of it. Even if I offer to fix it for free they don`t want it back. If they say to me make me an offer on a saw that I have not had the chance to look into I am not going to offer them top dollar, on an ole Poulan like that I would likely not even make an offer, I would have to give it away after repairing it. My give away saws are usually 026`s.

Pioneerguy600

Shoot if your giving away 026's put me on your xmas list cause I could use one of those. :hmm3grin2orange: :cheers:

I just built one of those tonight with a scored piston. Piston kit cost me around $17.00

Last edited:
I know it is a poulan but it looks almost new.i had placed an ad for non running saws yesterday and a guy called me today and said he had 1 and asked if i wanted it. Guess i got a good deal on it. Going to take it apart tomorrow and do a MM on it and tune it and it will make a good backup saw or i might throw it in my truck tool box.

002-4.jpg

001-3.jpg

had my wife seen that on our christmas decked table then I'd be out the door, score or no score.:biggrinbounce2:

Back