Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure is flat. Like Stihly Dan , I can't look in any direction and not see forest within a 100yds. either. Never have. That would take me a lot of getting used to. Don't think I could.

Something I've been seeing a lot of lately in this area is a couple guys with a chainsaw and a pickup will just ease off the side of the road and cut a couple dead trees down, load up, and drive off. And I'm not talking a two track backroad either, this is along a busy four lane highway. I know they don't own the property, I know part of it is the state road right of way and I also know who actually owns the property (they don't really seem to care as long as only dead trees are cut). These guys have never asked for permission from the land owner. I'm seeing this a lot more frequently and a lot more places (not just these two guys).

I know people are getting hard up for firewood because of the drawn out winter, but its still trespassing and stealing in my opinion...

Made a new scrounging tool today , I hope to try it out this weekend .

IMG_20140321_180204.jpg

I hope it hauls more with the same effort as the small one because the weight is spread over a larger area .
The walking back and forth eats up a lot of time so I hope that this proves to be more efficient .
Some friends of mine were scratching their heads when I was building it and asked "You're gonna what ?" LOL

Back