Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning☕️ off work today, unfortunately for a funeral for my old boss, 4 wheeler accident 😔, be careful out there.
Wood shed is almost full from stuff I cut last year. First load of fresh stuff this year IMG_2082.jpegmostly wanted to take the pickup out for a test run. Been running hot, apparently the 3 month old thermostat wasn’t opening all the way, new one seems to of fixed it.
New visitors at the houseIMG_2090.pngmight have to get the pellet gun out for this one (rock chuck on log pile)IMG_2084.jpegHope everyone has a great, fun, safe week and Independence Day.

Morning☕️ off work today, unfortunately for a funeral for my old boss, 4 wheeler accident 😔, be careful out there.
Wood shed is almost full from stuff I cut last year. First load of fresh stuff this year View attachment 1187737mostly wanted to take the pickup out for a test run. Been running hot, apparently the 3 month old thermostat wasn’t opening all the way, new one seems to of fixed it.
New visitors at the houseView attachment 1187738might have to get the pellet gun out for this oneView attachment 1187739Hope everyone has a great, fun, safe week and Independence Day.
Sorry about ur boss , Nate

I love the old iron.
You typically end up with more money in them than they are really worth, but I enjoy collecting them, and honestly I use them quite often. I figure a new tractor will cost more than my 5 and counting collection so I am still money ahead, makes me feel better to tell myself that any way. Now I can keep something hooked to everyone and not be changing implements all the time.

New equipment just does not seem to have the same cool stories attached to it. Like how this tractor replaced 2 draft mules in 1961 and they really thought they had made it to the top, or how him and his cousins ran it in the ditch up the road 2 days before one of them left for Vietnam.

I evacuated my mountain place yesterday due to The Basin Fire, our place is within an evacuation zone.

It’s a full suppression fire, they’re hitting it pretty hard. It’s at 12,631 acres this morning, grew North and West yesterday. Our place is North of the fire. I keep being told the movement is insignificant, but one map shows the length of the fire being just less than the distance from the fire to our place. The concern is the fire has started up creeks that lead right up into our area, and fire loves to climb up canyons. They added 4 evac zones today (Stage 2, be ready to go) , to the west. These are getting close to foothill communities with a lot of people compared to earlier zones, one more zone West and it will be.

B906F61A-2992-4ED9-91A5-6E69EF15D8F9.jpeg288D215A-7AAE-41B3-81A1-7AC14D4123C6.jpegBF4389FA-4759-49A5-833B-8CE459A43970.jpeg

You typically end up with more money in them than they are really worth, but I enjoy collecting them, and honestly I use them quite often.

All I need to know is there’s no way I could afford a lawn mower the size of mine if it was somewhat new.

6BED9F6B-EF8E-4A12-8B10-5A7C8E190F12.jpeg2FB6D111-78B8-4547-B18A-C297325A3272.jpeg

Sounds bad-ass. Is that a 6-71 in it?

4-71T

I had it running when the Sheriff deputy walked down the other day. I had just used it to lift the log splitter into the trailer, hanging from a chain. I removed the chain and was about to get back in when I thought I stepped on a squeaky toy, it was the Sheriff whistling. I looked down by my feet, then started scanning. There he was walking down the hill waving his arms. It was a nice conversation, he was cool about the whole thing. Friends were coming in to tow the splitter out, but a neighbor (up there) had told me already that no one was going to be allowed in. I couldn’t load it myself, so I used the loader. That wasn’t ideal without someone to guide it, but I managed.

Just hang some sheets or a big tarp up to block the view of your items in there.
Decided to go this route... had 4 sheets of grey left. Not what i wanted to do, but it will work just fine.

Attachments

• 20240701_190535.jpg
    20240701_190535.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back