Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. Beet juice (Rim Guard) is pretty much the standard around here. We do produce a lot of sugar beets here so I'm sure it's a cost effective by-product of the industry.
Almost everyone has switched to Rim Guard here as well. Sucks when it leaks and when changing tires but at least it won't eat your wheels up.

I used RV antifreeze in my 318's rear tires. It's heavier than water and environmentally friendly.

My New Holland has calcium chloride in the rear tires and the Kubota has Rim Guard in all 4 tires. I plan on taking it out of the fronts. It's just excess weight that doesn't need to be there.

When I called the ag tire place for tires for the new holland the first thing they asked was if the tires had beet juice in them. They wouldn't do tires that had that in for some reason. Mine don't have calcium in them but something else and I can't remember what it is.
it is a sticky nasty smelling mess after a while, but just about everyone around here sells it. I got mine from eblings down in myerstown just because they would sell me a 55 gal drum of it. (Have my own pump.) Pretty sure it's all messicks uses now too.
My best buddy got one, he hasn’t harvested a thing with it yet

Can’t wait to see what it does, how it performs
Down load for deer and just as capable for elk and bear with full power loads. Pretty much over kill for most things here in PA, but continues to be one of my favorite rifles. Got it after my first trip to the ranch in Montana.

Good morning,

Our little town continues to clean up from the worst flood in history. 100 homes and/or businesses flooded last Wednesday.

On Monday our Lions club mobilized and presented several pickup trucks worth of cleanup gear, dehumidifiers, fans, and other supplies to our fire department as well as a check to help them with the immense cost of feeding their entire staff plus volunteers. Was a great feeling to be a part of this.

Everything in this photo except for the pallet of bottled water was provided by the our Lions club with a combination of our own funds and a grant from Lions Club International. Since then, donations have poured in and we continue to keep the supplies replenished.

IMG_9688.jpegIMG_9687.jpegIMG_9693.jpegIMG_9691.jpegIMG_3360.jpegIMG_9711.jpeg

When I called the ag tire place for tires for the new holland the first thing they asked was if the tires had beet juice in them. They wouldn't do tires that had that in for some reason. Mine don't have calcium in them but something else and I can't remember what it is.
Like I said we use windshield washer concentrate mixed at a ratio to not freeze down to -20F. Think my Grandfathers old Longs have RV antifreeze mixed in.

Good morning,

Our little town continues to clean up from the worst flood in history. 100 homes and/or businesses flooded last Wednesday.

On Monday our Lions club mobilized and presented several pickup trucks worth of cleanup gear, dehumidifiers, fans, and other supplies to our fire department as well as a check to help them with the immense cost of feeding their entire staff plus volunteers. Was a great feeling to be a part of this.

Everything in this photo except for the pallet of bottled water was provided by the our Lions club with a combination of our own funds and a grant from Lions Club International. Since then, donations have poured in and we continue to keep the supplies replenished.

View attachment 1186857View attachment 1186858View attachment 1186859View attachment 1186860View attachment 1186861View attachment 1186862
The country as a whole , is going threw some bad storms, especially upper middle , unfortunately the bad storms, are just a tell tale sign of the future, 👎

Got the inner side of my rim painted last night, went to go and remove the old one off the tractor so that I can swap the tire over, but the clamp nuts had different plans. Either need to burn them off with the torch of finally break down and buy a battery grinder as I don't have power down where its currently parked.

1719492242299.png 1719492272079.png

Wish companies still used cool slogans on stuff like this.

1719492470657.png

Got the inner side of my rim painted last night, went to go and remove the old one off the tractor so that I can swap the tire over, but the clamp nuts had different plans. Either need to burn them off with the torch of finally break down and buy a battery grinder as I don't have power down where its currently parked.

View attachment 1186863 View attachment 1186864

Wish companies still used cool slogans on stuff like this.

View attachment 1186866
One of the old road grinders had galaxy tires that said giant hippo on the side walls. I think they apply applied. Lol.

Latest posts

Back