Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the 68 stepside into town today to do some shopping and filled it up . I keep records on it and the last 4 fills it’s been averaging 16.75 mpg . It’s a 250 six with a 4 speed but has 4.57 gears . I rarely go over 55 with it . I’d like to get a Dana 60 for it with 3.73 gears just to be able to go on the highway and not get run over , but I’m happy with almost 17 mpg

40 counties in MN with flooding. Dam at Mankato MN failing. Still got a bit more rain today.
Made for another baking day. Have I mentioned how much I like cast iron?
View attachment 1186498
🙏 For MN. One failed by me and it caused mass flooding and destruction and multiple dam failures.. probably look up Sanford damn failure or wixom lake for MI

🙏 For MN. One failed by me and it caused mass flooding and destruction and multiple dam failures.. probably look up Sanford damn failure or wixom lake for MI
I was just north of Auburn on US 10 the day it failed. Had to turn my tractor/trailer around in the median and head back the way I came.

I was just north of Auburn on US 10 the day it failed. Had to turn my tractor/trailer around in the median and head back the way I came.
Yea I remember 2017 or 2018 i think it was flooded up to the freeway from like almost exit 190/m-61 to zilwaukee bridge, driving by pinconning was crazy, water on both sides of freeway as far as one could see. Like driving on the bridge in key West it felt like another foot of water it would of been over freeway

Boy, I wish the Elm we had around here split like that!

I once got a load of logs that was mostly Elm. I had been hand splitting everything for years, but that year I rented a splitter. But it was back when splitters had a wedge (no cutting edge in front of the wedge) and even the splitter would not split it!

Ended up noodling it with the 044 and telling the guy "no more Elm"!

Learned how to fly fish as a kid and it has it's place, but prefer to hike up smaller mountain creeks that are usually pretty brushy and use mepps/rooster tail type spinners on an ultralight set up.
Fly fishing seems to have turned into a pretentious hipsters game out here lately.
Yes, I know what you mean. A couple of my trips into Glacier NP, I packed in a two-piece UL rig. I woke up one morning before everyone else, went out and cast a small spoon into the mountain lake we were camping at. Caught a 22" (iirc) rainbow.
When I visited my Brother out there, he'd take me to Little Belts and another very small creek that had brookies in it. Man I wish I could do that again.

I've got an aluminum boat to get rid of... was going to scrap it but maybe another raised bed for my daughter in law is an option... Just sent a photo to my son! Need some landscape fabric to line the bottom after drilling a bunch of drain holes!
Around my parts, they use old tractor tires. lmao :cool: OT
1719402972462.png

Latest posts

Back