Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, didn't get too much done to the shop today. We did some running around in the morning. Came home and decided I needed to start on the trim work for the shop. Got most of the corner trim up. I just left the wood shed section of the lean to off. Undecided if I'm going to finish off the back wall of the shop with tin the whole way across, or just put boards up to keep wood from falling out, but to allow more airflow. Then decided I needed to get some temporary lighting hung up. Got 4 lights hung up on some zip cord for the time being. Nothing fancy, but it's effective. I got the property line side of the shop pretty much leveled off now too. Good enough that I can back the deck over beside the shop and not have any of it sticking out now.
Wife and I managed to get into a fight about how much stuff I "need" to take out of the shop for my daughters birthday. She thinks it needs to be 100% empty, and I keep telling her that ain't gonna happen. The insulation is staying and a few other things are staying. She really doesn't seem to understand that it's the same number of people that all fit under a 10x20 pop up tent and the shop is over twice that size... 🙄 can't win some days. I'll get some pics of the trim tomorrow and get them posted up.

G'day fellers,

Yes, I'm alive. I was hoping post #111,111 would have been teed up for me but @Brufab let me down :laugh:

Anyway, I'm running my second marathon on 3rd July so I have been doing more marathon prep and not much scrounging. I'm a bit nervous but I didn't have a heart attack the first time so maybe I won't this time either.

I have done one minor scrounge in recent weeks, but that day I was mostly cleaning up my bits and pieces at Will's. The ground was still pretty dry so I had to hang around to stop the fires from creeping away rather than scrounging. Had four fires going for a few hours.

20240522_125013.jpg

20240522_124924.jpg

I did have a little go at a couple of these old peppermint logs but I didn't have much time.

20240522_114558[1].jpg

I did end up with a partial load of rounds (cut too short of course - h/t @djg james ) that I took down to my brother in Melbourne.

20240522_121406.jpg

Scrounge on :rock:

Last of the log piles in the yard cleaned up. I think I had 4 loads of birch similar to this.
20240626_170948.jpg
Had to evict these guys in the process. I'm in Michigan, so I know they aren't trying kill me and were sent on their way.
20240626_140508.jpg
Just doing my part to get @Cowboy254 post count up to 111,111.

Well, didn't get too much done to the shop today. We did some running around in the morning. Came home and decided I needed to start on the trim work for the shop. Got most of the corner trim up. I just left the wood shed section of the lean to off. Undecided if I'm going to finish off the back wall of the shop with tin the whole way across, or just put boards up to keep wood from falling out, but to allow more airflow. Then decided I needed to get some temporary lighting hung up. Got 4 lights hung up on some zip cord for the time being. Nothing fancy, but it's effective. I got the property line side of the shop pretty much leveled off now too. Good enough that I can back the deck over beside the shop and not have any of it sticking out now.
Wife and I managed to get into a fight about how much stuff I "need" to take out of the shop for my daughters birthday. She thinks it needs to be 100% empty, and I keep telling her that ain't gonna happen. The insulation is staying and a few other things are staying. She really doesn't seem to understand that it's the same number of people that all fit under a 10x20 pop up tent and the shop is over twice that size... 🙄 can't win some days. I'll get some pics of the trim tomorrow and get them posted up.
Tell her to move however much she wants, just put it back in the same place.......... From a safe distance that will give a sufficient headstart and be sure to have on your safety gear first! Lol

Tell her to move however much she wants, just put it back in the same place.......... From a safe distance that will give a sufficient headstart and be sure to have on your safety gear first! Lol
Follow @bob kern for more marital bliss advice.

Yea I got a couple baby turkeys last year DR mowing my food plot. Never feels too good when stuff like that happens..
My farmer friend calls them turkey sandwiches. There are at least 15 little ones wandering around his and our fields as of the other day.

Just hang some sheets or a big tarp up to block the view of your items in there.

I evacuated my mountain place yesterday due to The Basin Fire, our place is within an evacuation zone. I had brought my wife down three days earlier, she wanted a week to take care of things. The Sheriff wouldn’t let my friends in to help, I had to do it all myself. It wiped me out, I didn’t want to leave anything there. All of our stuff we have up there adds up to a good amount of money, and would take time to replace. The fire was about 9 miles away. We saw the Creek Fire run 18 miles in one day, so it certainly is possible for the fire to get there. A Sheriff deputy walked down our driveway and talked to me. He said he couldn’t make me leave, but it’s a good idea. He said if the fire gets closer, there would be heavy equipment traffic. And having land owners in there could cause problems.

C795DF1E-9EC8-4762-BEA8-862E6DC003BD.jpeg09FF1016-FDCA-43FB-A345-69763B0B302B.jpegC03EB4E1-3651-40EF-86C6-37929C3589C6.jpeg

Mornin guys.
I ain't been keeping up here for a while, hopefully y'all are well.

Don't remember if I mentioned it here, but I'm selling a bunch of man stuff at auction this Saturday (July 6th)
I'll put a link here for anyone who's interested in things that go bang..... There's some pretty nice junk in there.
(Shipping is available.)

https://hibid.com/catalog/558762/let-freedom-ring-firearm-auction

Got the inner side of my rim painted last night, went to go and remove the old one off the tractor so that I can swap the tire over, but the clamp nuts had different plans. Either need to burn them off with the torch of finally break down and buy a battery grinder as I don't have power down where its currently parked.

View attachment 1186863 View attachment 1186864

Wish companies still used cool slogans on stuff like this.

View attachment 1186866
Get some Kroil. Best stuff I have ever used. Might take a day or two but it will come loose. jmho :cool: OT

Mornin guys.
I ain't been keeping up here for a while, hopefully y'all are well.

Don't remember if I mentioned it here, but I'm selling a bunch of man stuff at auction this Saturday (July 6th)
I'll put a link here for anyone who's interested in things that go bang..... There's some pretty nice junk in there.
(Shipping is available.)

https://hibid.com/catalog/558762/let-freedom-ring-firearm-auction
Looks like some very nice pieces....unfortunately I need to be parting with not acquiring. Time is a b*tch and always wins.

That firebrick cracked 9 years ago but he's stihl hanging in there :laugh:
Think that'll make it warm and fuzzy ?? One of these days it will actually get the sides back on and hooked up again. Have not been able to get to the cracked ones inside yet.

Attachments

• 20240628_175109.jpg
    20240628_175109.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back