Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lights all plug into outlets, I run #12 so if I ever want to plug an extension into that line, I can do that too.

As for the #10 wire I ran, I "may" want to run more than one machine at the same time.

The extra expense for the rest of my life, doesn't amount to much!

SR

When I split wood by myself, I like to split right into myself unloading trailer. It's just so easy to let the splitter push the splits right off its end into it.

IMG-3077-S.jpg

This morning my wife wanted to get the splits into drying boxes so that's what we did,

10-3-2402-S.jpg

Anyway, with the tractor idling, the splits come back to you, and you can easily stack the wood wherever you want,

10-3-2401-S.jpg

Now when I'm alone splitting wood, I have an easy place to put it.

SR

Weather has cooled down a bit and yesterday morning, it was 45 deg. Spent a couple hours in the morning at the lake. The whit bass are starting to hit the rocks. Not a great day, but I caught 6 big ones. It was a calm peaceful day and nobody around. Not as nice as being on a trout stream - lol. I would have preferred a little wind, though. It would have helped the fishing. Maybe next week.

The September fish caught off the sand were like the small ones pictured (6-8"). I usually don't keep them that small, only enough for a meal. Others will keep a bucket full when that's all that's hitting. I like to let the little ones go and grow up until next year.

But in October when the water cools down the larger (10-14") fish can be caught off the rip-rap. Guys in boats can catch coolers full (60+ fish) in a day. A good day for me rock hopping (bank fishing) is 1-2 dozen. But man when the big ones hit, it's still quite a thrill. Largest one in the pic is 14".

View attachment 1208697

Nice catch, James! Here's a couple good size Browns from today's trip. It was 26° this morning, nice and sunny.
20241003_113051.jpg20241003_094951.jpg20241003_094954.jpg
gp.jpg

Back