Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lights all plug into outlets, I run #12 so if I ever want to plug an extension into that line, I can do that too.

As for the #10 wire I ran, I "may" want to run more than one machine at the same time.

The extra expense for the rest of my life, doesn't amount to much!

SR

When I split wood by myself, I like to split right into myself unloading trailer. It's just so easy to let the splitter push the splits right off its end into it.

IMG-3077-S.jpg

This morning my wife wanted to get the splits into drying boxes so that's what we did,

10-3-2402-S.jpg

Anyway, with the tractor idling, the splits come back to you, and you can easily stack the wood wherever you want,

10-3-2401-S.jpg

Now when I'm alone splitting wood, I have an easy place to put it.

SR

Weather has cooled down a bit and yesterday morning, it was 45 deg. Spent a couple hours in the morning at the lake. The whit bass are starting to hit the rocks. Not a great day, but I caught 6 big ones. It was a calm peaceful day and nobody around. Not as nice as being on a trout stream - lol. I would have preferred a little wind, though. It would have helped the fishing. Maybe next week.

The September fish caught off the sand were like the small ones pictured (6-8"). I usually don't keep them that small, only enough for a meal. Others will keep a bucket full when that's all that's hitting. I like to let the little ones go and grow up until next year.

But in October when the water cools down the larger (10-14") fish can be caught off the rip-rap. Guys in boats can catch coolers full (60+ fish) in a day. A good day for me rock hopping (bank fishing) is 1-2 dozen. But man when the big ones hit, it's still quite a thrill. Largest one in the pic is 14".

View attachment 1208697

Nice catch, James! Here's a couple good size Browns from today's trip. It was 26° this morning, nice and sunny.
20241003_113051.jpg20241003_094951.jpg20241003_094954.jpg
gp.jpg

Yes, the lift qualifies for the "very few I'd lend to." Even as a kid, my pops would oend out darn near anything. Saws, tractors, his truck. Can't even say how many times he got burned doing that. Did the same thing with some of my stuff and got burned. F-that. There's currently about 5-6 people that I'd loan anything I own to. Few more that I'd loan non engine related equipment to, and that list recently got shorter. Loaned my delta table top planer to a "friend". Brand new blades in it. I went to pick it up since he seemed to have an issue remembering to bring it back to my place. First time I used it I realized he chipped a blade. Said something to him and got an "oh yeah, I just sanded down that spot by hand. It's not a big deal." Last time he borrowed anything from me. Blades arnt expensive, but it's just the principal. I would have bought a new set, and installed them if I boned something like that. The jerk didn't even blow it off. Same guy I helped build his shop and hasn't offered a single time to give me a hand with mine.
Some people just don't get it. Really pizz's me off.
I name people like that as dead end or one way streets. Never again.

Back