Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just don't run the blade tip into a cherry stump that you forgot about like I did....... Bent the crank on my nice little Honda GCV 160
It would have to be limited to the lawn mowing and not the grass cutting! Plenty of targets in the grass…. My father broke a bunch of spindles on the zero turn… 😉

It would have to be limited to the lawn mowing and not the grass cutting! Plenty of targets in the grass…. My father broke a bunch of spindles on the zero turn… 😉
Normally I don't push mow a lot but the squirrels thought my rider mower looked like a nice winter food storage, pretty sure they chewed one of the coil wires too, so until I could fix that I was trying to knock the immediate area around the house down to keep mice from having cover to make it inside with out the cat seeing them.

I was trim mowing a lot of areas I cant get with the rider and bam, dang it, forgot that was there........

Mr. 3lb Estwing got her back running true though! well true enough for this guy.

I would have thought you'd have one of these custom smokers Mark.:omg::laugh:
View attachment 1209828
That’s a cold smoker . I made a similar unit a while ago to smoke cheese . But I had the pipe underground to cool the smoke . My grandfather(wife’s side) made one using a cistern for the fire pit below ground and 25-30 feet of steel culvert pipe to the smoke house . Made the best kielbasa you ever had . They lived just outside of Wilkes-Barre Pa

That's a fact! If anything gets done it's better than nothing. LOL

The attached garage is further along than my barn to be sure. I was supposed to have $50k in equity for barn building from selling the old house when we bought this place. But... then the great recession hit. The day we listed the old house was the day the stock market crashed. And then for good measure it crashed again the next day. So we ended up with two houses for almost three years (not what it's cracked up to be). Finally sold it at basically a break even price. So now the 38x80 barn structure is built, but I'm still living with a dirt floor and no electric service. Like I think you've said before, first world problems, right?
that sucks, with your house. I don't wish that predicament on anyone.
First world problems, yeah I look at it like this. Even working in stone I had it a lot better then some, the shop makes it a lot better then most. Everything else is just me whining lol.

that sucks, with your house. I don't wish that predicament on anyone.
It was a matter of good/bad timing. We couldn't have bought this house without it being a foreclosure (before the official foreclosure crisis started). But I'm not gonna lie, it did suck at the time and brought a lot of stress on the wife and I both. We got through it and would do it all over again. And we ended up with our dream house... so what if the barn timing, and some other sacrifices, didn't align with our desired calendar. I couldn't be happier. My daughter commented a couple months ago about getting my things out when I move houses and I told her, "Honey, where I'm going to when I leave here, I won't need any of my stuff."

Had the last of the venison backstrap for dinner tonight, it was from the doe and was great as usual.

I'll be bringing the remaining rump and shoulder steaks up to the cabin over the WE to feed the 5 of us.

We still have a good # of bags of chunks left, we usually cook them inside when it is colder out.

Two deer seems like it was a good amount for the wife and me, hope I can be fortunate enough to get 2 more this year.

It was a matter of good/bad timing. We couldn't have bought this house without it being a foreclosure (before the official foreclosure crisis started). But I'm not gonna lie, it did suck at the time and brought a lot of stress on the wife and I both. We got through it and would do it all over again. And we ended up with our dream house... so what if the barn timing, and some other sacrifices, didn't align with our desired calendar. I couldn't be happier. My daughter commented a couple months ago about getting my things out when I move houses and I told her, "Honey, where I'm going to when I leave here, I won't need any of my stuff."
Sometimes betting on oneself is the best bet. Who else will work so hard to make it work?!

Back