Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished getting my furnace together after work. Then started the tedious process of getting a small fire going for a few hours to let the new bricks settle in. Slowly took it up to 500* over about a 2 hour period. Bricks should be dry/settled in at that point. Gave it about a half load, since rhe house wasn't super cold. Gotta love burn season.

Any of you ever try this:
View attachment 1211664
I usually drink Black Silk that comes from Sam's.:drinkingcoffee:
Yeah... I'll make this, dillute with a bit of cold water and re-brew on the same grounds the next day.
My wife calls me cheap.
I say I just can't take that much caffeine.

Attachments

• PXL_20241015_125956511.jpg
    PXL_20241015_125956511.jpg
    2.3 MB
That's funny, Bob, I built my last fire. Well, if I do it right, that will be the last fire of the season anyway. It just happens that it's also the first fire of the season.
You have a boiler? I can't do that with my furnace till we're staying below 40*f during the day. Even then the house stays a bit too warm for my liking. I'd really like to get an OWB at some point. Heat the house and the shop with one unit.

You have a boiler? I can't do that with my furnace till we're staying below 40*f during the day. Even then the house stays a bit too warm for my liking. I'd really like to get an OWB at some point. Heat the house and the shop with one unit.
Yes, I do. I ❤️ the OWB. But be warned, they are not for everyone. See link in my signature for my build thread if you are so inclined.

I do hear people refer to open horse pasture sheds with a slanted roof as a lean to, and they don't lean on anything!
Those are called run-ins.

The ledger board(?) with the hangers for the half trusses is on the poles the main is built on... has nothing to do with the roofline, kinda like a dormer is a dormer whether it was built with the facia matching the rest of the roof or not ;).

The ledger board(?) with the hangers for the half trusses is on the poles the main is built on... has nothing to do with the roofline, kinda like a dormer is a dormer whether it was built with the facia matching the rest of the roof or not ;).
Still not a lean to. ;)

Sooo
Since y’all talking doctors and nurses…

My primary has a nurse that hates me

I’m 5’10’’ and in my prime sports days was around 145lbs

She gets me on the scale and I’m 168, I sigh, she asked what’s wrong. I told her I’m disappointed with how much I weighed. She told me “relax lots of woman weigh that much too”. My reply “yeah, they’re probably fat and miserable too”

She just walked out, 10 minutes later a different nurse comes in and is very short with me

Now the doctor comes in, he is a smart ass too

He tells me “you sure know how to make friends Matt”

Now, I’m not fat. But I sure don’t have the mean 6pack I used to have….

Now it’s a 1/4keg and needs to go.
If I was your nurse, and you said this, I'd laugh my ass off, to be honest.

Back