Sending out for power

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneyMeadowMaple

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
There are a lot of choices of places to send your saw. Bakerizing is a little out of my range, Rip Saw I could do, but they don’t seem to offer a 562 option, Buxton also is within reach. There are a number of other places I haven’t heard of. Does anyone have suggestions or preferences?
Plan would be to send out my new 562xp MK2z

Stoney,
Ever considered upgrading to a bigger saw? 562XP must be great for what it’s designed to do. What about a 592XP? 7.6hp, and pulls a 28” bar through anything like nothing. Then you’d have the bases covered. I thought about modding my Dolkita 6421, but although a little heavy for the power it fits into my lineup good. Good luck.

Stoney,
Ever considered upgrading to a bigger saw? 562XP must be great for what it’s designed to do. What about a 592XP? 7.6hp, and pulls a 28” bar through anything like nothing. Then you’d have the bases covered. I thought about modding my Dolkita 6421, but although a little heavy for the power it fits into my lineup good. Good luck.
I have 2 390’s and a 385, currently agonizing about a 3120, it’s not that I NEED more
Performance out of the 562, I am
just intrigued with the process/Idea and as a 562 “enthusiast” you might say, I would be interested in how they compare.

Stoney,

There's something to what you're saying here.

My opinion is one should maximize their setup on a stock saw, then go on to running a modified saw. I say this because running a modded saw won't make a bit of difference if one doesn't understand chain sharpening/maintenance and keeping a bar in good order.

There's something to what you're saying here.

My opinion is one should maximize their setup on a stock saw, then go on to running a modified saw. I say this because running a modded saw won't make a bit of difference if one doesn't understand chain sharpening/maintenance and keeping a bar in good order.
I agree, and while I wouldn’t ever say that I can’t learn something new, you will look hard for another saw owner who is more conscientious about maintenance and more aware of properly sharpened chain than me.

Back