Service Manual for Stihl MS462

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I’d very much appreciate the MS462 service manual as well. The owners manual is great, but I’d love to know all the further details of doing my own maintenance to keep it running for decades to come. Thanks in advance! This is a wonderful forum I always look to for shared knowledge and growth.

Hello, I’d very much appreciate the MS462 service manual as well. The owners manual is great, but I’d love to know all the further details of doing my own maintenance to keep it running for decades to come. Thanks in advance! This is a wonderful forum I always look to for shared knowledge and growth.
Check your inbox

Hey Ray, I got an old 046 sitting on my bench right now and I THINK a screw backed out behind the flywheel and is catching/not allowing a full turn. It stops rotating on the same spot going either direction. this flywheel does not want to come off either. I'm currently letting it sit with acetone/gas mix around the crank before I just drill the key out instead of snapping this poly flywheel on accident with the hammer/wedge technique.

Could I get any info you have on the 046?

Hey Ray, I got an old 046 sitting on my bench right now and I THINK a screw backed out behind the flywheel and is catching/not allowing a full turn. It stops rotating on the same spot going either direction. this flywheel does not want to come off either. I'm currently letting it sit with acetone/gas mix around the crank before I just drill the key out instead of snapping this poly flywheel on accident with the hammer/wedge technique.

Could I get any info you have on the 046?
Check your inbox.

Back