Shindaiwa S300

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim40

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Beautiful Lake Guntersville-North Alabama
I went into a pawn shop at lunch to kill a little time.....there was a as new Shindaiwa S300 in there....and it caught my eye....no scratches...just a little saw dust on it....it was marked at $89.00....but I talked the guy down to $75.00...including tax....I needed it like a hole in the head...but I could'nt pass it up. It lists for $249.00...so I think I did ok on it. My question is....do any of you A/S members have any comments or experience on or with this little saw??? I definately want to get a couple extra chains....its a 3/8" lo-pro chain...but the Shindaiwa info says 52 drive lengths...but the oregon site says 53 lengths...for a 14" bar. Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

With an oregon bar it would take 53d/l's, with the stock bar ,
52 d/l's. Ive seen this difference with other saws depending on what make bar is installed. Any good saw shop can add or remove a link, so you shouldn't be stuck with unused chains.

CJ

man the pawn shops up there sure different than here. down here thay literally would have had the new price on it. u dont pay any exstra for the dents an scratches.
i dont even fool with these nuts anymore. guess they gettin it from somebody tho. id rather buy from an experienced saw man ,whos honest enough to give an honest evaluation.
when i sell something ,i know that guy going to asses the deal before he drops off to sleep that nite. i like at that time for them to feel like he got a good deal.
this has just become a guide line for me.
if he decides he got beat,he wont trust u again.

Back