Source for the Fiskars 36" splitting axe?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Reaction score
After seeing the demo video of the Fiskars splitting axe, I have decided to try one out to see how it will compliment my Monster Maul. Being over 6' tall, I need the X27 with the 36" handle. I have called Bailey's but they do not stock them. Anyone have a source?

After seeing the demo video of the Fiskars splitting axe, I have decided to try one out to see how it will compliment my Monster Maul. Being over 6' tall, I need the X27 with the 36" handle. I have called Bailey's but they do not stock them. Anyone have a source?

I'd try Amazon once they become available. That's where I got my 28" Fiskars. I'll be checking out the 36" handled version myself.

That looks like the right MFG. # but the pic looks like the regular splitting axe, not the super split.

The ACE axe shows a weight of 6.1000 pounds, the Fiskars website shows the X27 to weigh 6.28 pounds. I think I may just have to wait until next month.

The person I was chatting with on the Fiskars site stated that Amazon would be the first to have them with the expected ship date 1/15/11. She explained to me that once they have the shipment they would need to set it up on their web site. So if this still holds true it should be next week some time.

We will see.

same thing they had told me also..i checked last week. but decided not to wait for the 36" and bought three 28" instead....got them cheaper on feebay..:computer:

Ace Hardware for the X27

I just ordered :phone: an X27 through my local Ace hardware for $49.99, and it should be in next Monday. Make sure you specify Fiskars item # 7884 for the X27.

Cheers,
Bryan

I have the shorter version, while I don't think it is the best thing since sliced bread, I really like it. The boys like it alot also. I just purchased the X27 on Amazon. I stand 6'2" tall and think the new handle length will be a great improvement. Yes, I have a gas splitter, but I enjoy the exercise I get with the axe and splitting maul. Should be here next Mon or Tue.

I am on the fence about this.

Local Sears carries the 28" Fiskars splitting axe for $40 (and I have a $15 gift card for Sears which means it'd cost me $25). Another store half hour from here carries the Gerber 28" for $30.

I'm 6'3" and worried about the shorter 28" axes, but it's hard to make a decision about spending twice as much for the longer x27 ($55 + shipping online).

Man, I wish I could test drive these splitting axes.

Your local Ace Hdwr. should be your most economical choice on the X27... $50 plus tax.

Bailey's/Amazon ends up at $64 delivered.

I have one ordered through my local Ace. It was suppose to be here yesterday but didn't make it. We'll try for next Thursday. $50 plus tax.

Your local Ace Hdwr. should be your most economical choice on the X27... $50 plus tax.

Bailey's/Amazon ends up at $64 delivered.

Not sure.
Online Ace lists the 28" for $54. I'd imagine the x27 would cost more

Not sure.
Online Ace lists the 28" for $54. I'd imagine the x27 would cost more

I think the website is still having troubles getting it right. Last week they had the 36" axe listed for $54, but used the wrong picture. This week, there's no X27, but the 28" axe now lists for $54.

You still can get the X25 (28" Super Splitting Axe) for under $40 with free shipping from many places.

Back