Source for the Fiskars 36" splitting axe?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ace Online's prices don't necessarily match the local store prices. I simply called my local Ace and asked them what they would order & sell it for, and they said $49.99 (why can't they just say $50? I hate manipulative pricing).

Judging from the display of Fiskar's at Home Depot and Lowe's you would think they might carry it. But all I've seen are pruning shears, saws, and loppers. They're axe and maul offerings are rather slim. The only place I've seen a Fiskar's axe is Wal-Mart. They have the X25 for $40. Something's telling me to hold off and order the X27 though. At 6'5" the 28" seems a bit short.

Steve

Ordered mine yesterday through Amazon from Bailey's. Interestingly the price was the same but the shipping was $5 less through Amazon than direct through Bailey's.

The one I ordered though Ace came this last week and I've used it on straight grain rounds of Siberian Elm and Pine with excellent results... and I don't happen to have any gnarly rounds about the place.

It seems to be very well designed and well built. I REALLY like the length of the 36" handle. The handle is hollow all the way to the head, so it's a tubular handle. I'm considering whether a rubber handlesaver would be advisable to protect against overstrike, considering that the handle is completely hollow... and I don't know if the handlesaver would even fit over the knob at the but of the handle. One would want to hold the handlesaver back from the head if you want to still be able to store the axe in it's sheath.

Although it's the shorter one, the few overstrikes I've had seemed easily absorbed.

Besides, you break it and Fiskars will send you a new one. IIRC from previous posts it's a matter of calling their customer service then emailing a photo of the broken handle.

Mine came today, haven't had a chance to try it out.
The little plastic latch that holds it in the blade guard was broken....Bailey's responded immediately and said they'd find out of the latch is available seperately or if they'll send the whole blade guard.

Heard back from Bailey's on my broken latch- Fiskars will be shipping me a whole new blade guard.
Superb service from Bailey's!

Latest posts

Back