Spend my money! Help me pick a spare parts kit for a Stihl 461.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please help me go shopping. Spend my money - not yours. I already have a Stihl MS 461 that I use for processing firewood. Falling, limbing, bucking of mostly hardwoods and some softwoods. About 20 cords annually.

What spare parts would you assemble if you were going to relocate to a remote place and would not have access to spares for a 5-7 years? Please be as specific as possible (brand, size, dimension, quantity, special tools, grease, etc).

For example:
a. spool of saw chain 100' (3/8" 050 Stihl rapid full skip)
b. 28" bar
c. Stihl multi tool (chain breaker, rivet spinner)
d. Stihl HD2 air filter (2x), Wire mesh filter (1x)
e. fuel filter (2x)
f. spark plug (6x)
g. sprocket, washer, e-clip, needle bearing
h. bar nuts (4x)
i. chain tensioner, clutch spring
j. chain-brake spring
k. clutch drum
l. assorted nuts/bolts for saw​

Many thanks in advance fellas!
my grand boy wants a 4- wheeler! that will take about 5 grand , glad I can help out! p.p. accepted :happybanana:

Dude, there is a whole world out there (even in the US) that the mail doesn't get within 50 miles of. I have customers that order parts from me that have to be flown in by bush plane. We've even had parts air dropped because the lake ice wasn't thick enough to land on.

Well said. Lower 48er's have no idea about this.

...nothing is going to break on that saw unless you do something stupid ...
This is definitely right up my alley. Besides chain tensioners (pinching the bar/chain and then trying to yank it out) what else could a real dummy like me need for spares? Don't underestimate my stupidity please.

Latest posts

Back