Spooge VP premix oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been running that stuff in the last 3 gallons through my saws. (got it on sale) They run normally but I havent looked at my screens yet. If i remember ill take a look and report back. Ive ran through the 3 gallons in my 440 the last month, havent had to retune but I tune by ear. Should be helpful in one way or another
Thanks, that’s what I’m looking for.

I used a couple bottles of the stuff at 32:1. No problem in anything but no autotunes. They seem to run too rich for a lot of the oils to burn good

Sorry I said I would check on the spooge buildup and then lost/forgot about this thread.

I checked the piston and muffler and it looks completely normal. Maybe too much oil?

Off subject ... I build low key race cars sometimes (sleepers) E85 and turbos are fun, but E85 leaves behind some weird gummy buildup. Switching between gas and e85 keeps things clean.

Recently got several bottles of VP synthetic premix oil. Was all excited. Mixed with non-ethanol, 93 octane @ 40:1. After one gallon in my 562 (ported) screen was black with spooge. Inside the muffler was covered in it. Buildup on the exhaust side of the piston. The plug was dry and a uniform light tan in color (good), lots of spooge on the threads though. This is some thick, gooey, spooge. However, the air filter was a bit loaded up from dropping and cutting up a few dead trees. I’ve run only the VP premix fuel in this saw until I bought their 2 stroke oil to mix my own. Until then the screen looked brand new. I know they used Motul in their fuel and their premix oil is different. The flashpoint for the VP oil is listed at 80 deg C (176 F). The only thing that reflects that is how nice my plug looks. The pump gas I purchased is from a station that has that sells a lot of the premium but the gas does have that stanky sulfur smell. Do you all have any insights or recommendations ?
How do you know that all that black spooge wasn't from the cleaning action of the esters in the VP oil from whatever the previous oil you ran was? For your observation to unequivocally be from the VP oil, you'd have to start with a brand new saw that's never been run. Your comments are the only example of such observations that I've seen across every possible search result on the Internet, so I'd have to see more accounts of this or actual further testing to rule out if the oil itself creates such deposits. Richard Flagg on YT gives this oil an A+ and it was pristinely clean on teardown.

Try mixing the VP oil with SEF94 4 cycle canned gas and see if it does the same thing. Pump gas IMO is more likely the culprit than VP oil otherwise there'd be multiple posts citing the same thing you've observed here.

How do you know that all that black spooge wasn't from the cleaning action of the esters in the VP oil from whatever the previous oil you ran was? For your observation to unequivocally be from the VP oil, you'd have to start with a brand new saw that's never been run. Your comments are the only example of such observations that I've seen across every possible search result on the Internet, so I'd have to see more accounts of this or actual further testing to rule out if the oil itself creates such deposits. Richard Flagg on YT gives this oil an A+ and it was pristinely clean on teardown.

Try mixing the VP oil with SEF94 4 cycle canned gas and see if it does the same thing. Pump gas IMO is more likely the culprit than VP oil otherwise there'd be multiple posts citing the same thing you've observed here.
Esters or most everything else isn't going to remove carbon from a motor. Baked on carbon is nearly impervious to cleaning with other than mechanical means in my expiereance.
With that said and back to the OP. I have ran a 562xp at 20:1 with a perfectly clean exhaust.
Spooge most often is caused by carb tuning, but in this case the motor has Autotune. Other causes are light load, excessive idling and lastly an exhaust outlet that is too large.
Regardless oil did not cause this.

Esters or most everything else isn't going to remove carbon from a motor. Baked on carbon is nearly impervious to cleaning with other than mechanical means in my expiereance.
With that said and back to the OP. I have ran a 562xp at 20:1 with a perfectly clean exhaust.
Spooge most often is caused by carb tuning, but in this case the motor has Autotune. Other causes are light load, excessive idling and lastly an exhaust outlet that is too large.
Regardless oil did not cause this.
Agree with you on tuning. That being said, regarding esters--there's a number of posts on multiple forums where people have specifically stated that when they used the long discontinued Mobil 1 Racing 2t, that they saw carbon being cleaned out of the exhaust ports from lesser oils after using it for awhile. Also, Red Armor makes claims of removing carbon as well.

Agree with you on tuning. That being said, regarding esters--there's a number of posts on multiple forums where people have specifically stated that when they used the long discontinued Mobil 1 Racing 2t, that they saw carbon being cleaned out of the exhaust ports from lesser oils after using it for awhile. Also, Red Armor makes claims of removing carbon as well.
Guys say alot of things about oils.. I don't buy it and not from lack of looking and I was probably the first guy on this site to mention MX2T/2R for saw use. I used it for years in bikes and sleds. Great stuff at a very reasonable price that's sadly not available anymore.
When you think about it the chemicals that will removed baked on carbon are few and far between and are all pretty nasty. For instance I have tried to remove carbon from pistons using 40% caustic soda. It removed some but not all. It also damaged the aluminum.
The other thing to remember is a two stroke piston ahould have carbon in it with a small bit of port wash if it's tuned properly. Anytime you burn fuel in a motor you will have carbon on the piston. No matter if it's a two stroke or four stroke.

I have a full gallon of Amsoil 2 stroke oil on the shelf I've never opened. Wonder if anyone wants to try it and see if it makes 'spooge' as well?
I've tried a few oils, and I am impressed with Saber by Amsoil. Not everyone's keen on Amsoil and truth be told, their marketing is a load of nonsense. Nevertheless, I'm pleased with the performance and cleanliness. Most modern 2-stroke oils will do the job fine. Tuning, heat soaking the engine, constant load, and the right mix ratio matter more than the brand of oil you choose.

Latest posts

Back