Echo CS-620PW Video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeave96

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here is a video of the Echo CS-620PW that I bought based on some feedback in an earlier thread.

Thanks for the help - it’s a really nice chainsaw.

Oak Trees Down - Echo CS-620PW Chainsaw - an ANIMAL!!!

Sir, I am wondering if the chain is getting adequate oil. Lots of dust sticking onto the chain. Otherwise a great production. BTW I have it's little brother. 590 It is a cutting fool.
It is not. I checked the oil output prior to cutting and there is flow, but minimal. Those are the only cuts I’ve made. I need to adjust the oiler output and see what I’ve got. Thanks for the observation and watching.

That's a good narrative on the saw! I have the 620P, and I found that she came alive after several tanks of gas. By your 10th tank she should be putting out full power.
There are days I wish I had the PW, and days I'm glad I don't.
I run a 28" bar, and the oiler seems to get it done. I go through an oil tank with every tank of gas. If I end up doing a lot of milling I might add one of those external oilers.

Just aesthetically speaking I like how it still has the classic look of the 590 instead of the newer models. I might trade up someday.
Looks like it cuts well. Personally, I just max out every oiler. I don't think I would bother with the full wrap if I am just cutting wood on the ground but it's handy when you need it.
Sir, do you have a lot of poison ivy (oak, sumac) on your land? Thought I saw a bunch while you were walking around. I can't abide the stuff.

That's a good narrative on the saw! I have the 620P, and I found that she came alive after several tanks of gas. By your 10th tank she should be putting out full power.
There are days I wish I had the PW, and days I'm glad I don't.
I run a 28" bar, and the oiler seems to get it done. I go through an oil tank with every tank of gas. If I end up doing a lot of milling I might add one of those external oilers.
Thanks!

Just aesthetically speaking I like how it still has the classic look of the 590 instead of the newer models. I might trade up someday.
Looks like it cuts well. Personally, I just max out every oiler. I don't think I would bother with the full wrap if I am just cutting wood on the ground but it's handy when you need it.
Sir, do you have a lot of poison ivy (oak, sumac) on your land? Thought I saw a bunch while you were walking around. I can't abide the stuff.
Yes - much poison ivy, ticks, spiders and snakes!

Always been a Stihl person until I bought an Echo top handle arborist saw (CS) and then bought another 590 and breathed on it a bit and now, only Echo's. Nice saws, reasonably priced as well and I concur, turn up the chain oiler a bit, bar oil is cheap in the grand scheme of things. I only run Echo Red Armor 50-1 in ALL my saws now because they don't get used frequently. Works good in the brush trimmer (Stihl FS66) as well.

Latest posts

Back