Stihl 028- good deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dons

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a Stihl 028 AV. The guy wants $200. It is in pretty good shape, recently tuned and sharpened. Is this a reasonable price? I have never run this particular saw.

Opinions? Thanks for the feedback.

don

ah the 028. just a chainsaw. but the design was one of stihls or anyone else s better efforts. i have some other saws i like pretty good. then the 028,if i aint playin with saws and want to just get it done. if this guys just a firewood cutter ,he probably hasnt hurt the saw much.
200 is a good price for a real good condition 028.if u had time to look u can get one cheaper ,but that would take looking around a while. i should of bought the clean one on ebay recently . dont know what it finally sold for but it looked mint and was at 160 or so with a day to go.. that would have been my fix for the month.:) yes im a chain saw addict.

dons,
i just sold a cherry 028 super for $200.00. i over heard him telling his partner i did not have a clue how to sell saws. i gave that saw away. he would have felt quilty trying to talk me down on the price. marty

Back