Stihl 032 finished up with pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the 032 is one of the prettier saws that Stihl made. It hearkens back to a simpler, more aesthetic time when efficiency of production was not the primary concern, when designers took pride in their creations. Here is mine, which I basically wiped up and replaced the chain, not because it was worn, but because it had stretched unevenly. This saw reminds me of a late 40's/early 50's pickup truck in its lines and contours. I wonder if this is the original bar.

Stop it, you're making me want to keep mine!

I actually bought an new 032 in 84' that I had for many years until someone took it out of my truck when the wife went to the store. Been thinking of just keeping this one for nostalgic reasons (at least that's what I have been telling the old lady). ;)

Oh yeah, teacherman that is a nice saw!

Stop it, you're making me want to keep mine!

I actually bought an new 032 in 84' that I had for many years until someone took it out of my truck when the wife went to the store. Been thinking of just keeping this one for nostalgic reasons (at least that's what I have been telling the old lady). ;)

Oh yeah, teacherman that is a nice saw!

Steve, I think yours is a bit cleaner. If you really like yours, and you would like to keep it, think about how much saw you could buy with the 275.00 you might get for the 032. Not much saw at all, not compared to a cherry 032. Yours even has a chain brake, I think. They do not make 'em like that any more. You would get many years of enjoyment out of it, I am sure.

Steve, I think yours is a bit cleaner. If you really like yours, and you would like to keep it, think about how much saw you could buy with the 275.00 you might get for the 032. Not much saw at all, not compared to a cherry 032. Yours even has a chain brake, I think. They do not make 'em like that any more. You would get many years of enjoyment out of it, I am sure.
+1... If you need a good saw, You'll never be able to replace that 032 with the 275.00$ your getting with a saw today, but if you bought it to resell and your going to make some cash, then I would sell it.

Yep. I agree 100%. You aint gonna find anything that good downtown these days. :agree2:

Steve K

That is one streamlined piece of machinery.If it was me I'd keep it.You might regret selling that puppy
Lawrence

Latest posts

Back