• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 056 mag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might have one for you as well if you haven’t got what you wanted. 056 mag has the most satisfying sound I’ve heard. Newer saws don’t have that kinda sound. Funny someone mentioned 009L sound, I love that one too. I’ll make a video of those idling next to each other when I have a chance!

babaoriley,

I also have heard folks say that the sound of an old Mac has a unique quality to it that is unlike any other.
Despite my being officially an old timer in my books, ( 60) I feel like there is something in my blood that just digs stuff like 2 stroke dirtbikes, Harleys, power saws of all kinds, and I just can't get enough hearing and running Old or New saws. HAHA, even masonry cut off saws.

baboriley,

I still remember hearing and feeling my 3rd Stihl 1111 series saws running. This is my 2nd of 2 075's. It was a bit tough to get started when the seller was demo'ing it for me, It would run nicely under throttle, but didn't idle well and would die. I had almost no luck getting it started myself. However, for the time I got to give it throttle and have the chain going, it sounded and felt much like a 125 cc 2 stroke dirtbike like I used to race. At only 14 cc smaller, it is no wonder.

I haven't had the chance to diagnose this saw or any of my other project saws, but given the age of it, I am definitely going to do a pressure and vac leak test on the saw, and carb, fuel system. Then based on the findings, if air tight, I will look into the cylinder and see the condition of the P/C and Rings, pull the plug, do some spark tests, and if all that seems ok. I will put the plug back in, check the jet adjustments, put some fresh gas in it and see what it fires up like. If it still is fighting me, then I will look into the carb to see if the carb parts are fresh or need a rebuild.

What I like about having 2-3 of virtually the same saw, is I can test and swap parts off matching type saws and have what I learned in science as a "Control" specimen.

baba, are you sure you are considering selling that 056?

I’m not so sure if I wanna sell it. It’s a great saw, it starts right up and definitely has low hours. Gotta clean the carb, cuz currently it dies after 10 secs of idling. A lot of freaking torque … will cut anything lol

Latest posts

Back