stihl 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timberturner

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
is 500.00 us a good deal for a 066 with one light season on it ?

what's recommended for a new saw in terms of maintenance, tune up , inspection, etc.

bear with me the only other chainsaw i have was a cheap poulan, and i haven't taken that great a care of it and i want to develop new care and feeding habits with the stihl

any feed back, as usual, is greatly appreciated,

you guys are a lot of fun

tt

i'd say yes.. especially if you have seen it.

Some saws go off reasonably cheaply on ebay that sometimes can be in real good shape, but that is buying sight unseen. it is best to make arrangements with the seller regarding a return policy.

Hmm, well?

I think a person on here will sell you a new one with bars and lots of chain for $850 delivered.

Personally I bought a fully rebuilt 066 with 30 day warranty , 6 chain loops, bars, oil, files for $550 delivered

Paid around $825 for mine a few yrs. ago. You are lucky!!!

A guy that I used to work with ( who had no knowledge of treework or saws ) came into work on his first day. Said he had a Stihl 06 something. I thought to myself, this can be real. Sure enough it was a Stihl 066 MAGNUM ( with the dual port muffler ). He got it for $350. Ran like a banshee!!! Rich.

Latest posts

Back