Stihl 200T- OEM or aftermarket crank seals and bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No up and down play, so don't think it needs bearings. I haven't bought crank bearings or seals yet since I may not need them. Taking my time with this build. I did buy the tool for seal installation just in case. One side of that tool fits the clutch side and the other side fits the flywheel side and looks like it has good surface contact for the whole face of the seal. Sound like you recommend the OEM seals over aftermarket. I was just going to leave the woodruff key out until I put the flywheel back on. Lots of opinions on aftermarket seals, but going OEM on any bearings and seals, but did replace the fuel tank with an aftermarket one. Appreciate the advice!! Thanks

Gasket kit with seals ,cost less than seals from Stihl.

You don't need to heat or freeze, just line everything up perfect and drive them squarely and carefully in. The seal tool is a good tool, use it, does it have the bullet shaped piece that goes over the end to keep the seals from tearing on the flywheel key? Are you sure it needs bearings, is there up and downplay on the crank ends or just side to side play? And I hope you didn't buy China knock off bearings ! Used OEM are better than China crap.
As long as I am asking dumb questions, do you use any sealant on the cylinder gasket? Not wanting to increase compression or check squish, just looking to have best seal.

It's the best way, it reduces any chance of scoring the cases where you pull or pry the seals out! As far as I am concerned, its the only way I will do them. Then it can be all cleaned and a new gasket installed . Best method I have found.
If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing proper 👍

As long as I am asking dumb questions, do you use any sealant on the cylinder gasket? Not wanting to increase compression or check squish, just looking to have best seal.
Grease is perfect for a factory gasket, both sides. Dumb people I know don't ask many questions.

What do you find annoying about it in particular? How long would you say it takes to pull the seals without the case split ?
The last time I tried I couldn't get one out with the puller so gave up and split the case. Now I don't bother trying, just split it

Back