Stihl chain on husky saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel chode rider

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Howdy.
I get stihl chains free from work but I also like to run my 572 with a 28" - was hoping someone knew off the top of their head what the custom length driver count is for a stihl chain to fit on a husky bar. 3/8, .050. I assume 3/8 is 3/8 and I can run the stihl chain on my husky bar with no issues... ?

Or, is it better to use my 28" stihl bar and do the drilling out thing? Any tips on that?

Thanks.

If I recall right if using a husky bar they are 93DL. If you use a stihl chain just make sure it is same count and not the 91DL stihl used.
Long as gauge same. 050 to 050 etc etc to match bar.

Attachments

• j67028.jpg
    j67028.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 0
Howdy.
I get stihl chains free from work but I also like to run my 572 with a 28" - was hoping someone knew off the top of their head what the custom length driver count is for a stihl chain to fit on a husky bar. 3/8, .050. I assume 3/8 is 3/8 and I can run the stihl chain on my husky bar with no issues... ?

Or, is it better to use my 28" stihl bar and do the drilling out thing? Any tips on that?

Thanks.
Make sure the chain guage matches the bar (ie both are .050") the bigger stihl stuff is generally .063" in lot of places.
For the DL count, what is marked on the bar will be correct if you are using the correct pitch of chain (ie 3/8). Chain manufacturer doesn't make a difference. DL count sometimes changes if you are using a Stihl bar on a Husky (with the appropriate spacers). A Husky bar won't go on a Stihl without widening the mounting slot

Back