Stihl Ms 660 vs. Husky 395xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canyonbc

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
If you had to choose what one...the MS 660 or the 395xp...price doesnt make a difference..just pure preference here. All i ask is why...you choose the Stihl or the Husky over the other???

Thanks everyone

Canyon

If I was cutting bigger wood: [like in the pnw]

Husqy has broader power band.

haha...

well i do have one husky but it was a gift.

I am personally a Stihl guy, but i want to ask you guys (the pros) whats better and why...get a different perspective.

The 395's got better low end grunt. Better air filtration.

The 660's got a much better high end.

Both are good pro saws.

jomoco

Youve been here long enough.

DO a SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Thissame topic has been discussed at length several times in the chainsaw forum. I know of a couple threads that are close to or over 5 pages each. :sucks:

Stihl 660 v 395xp

If you had to choose what one...the MS 660 or the 395xp...price doesnt make a difference..just pure preference here. All i ask is why...you choose the Stihl or the Husky over the other???

Thanks everyone

Stihl. Better power to weight ratio. More low down grunt for bigger timber.

066. The 395 may be able to run a bigger bar... but it's a LOT heavier, and honestly how often are you going to be running a 4' bar?

I own both and the 395 no doubt has more power.I pick the 395 because I like the way it fits better..If I had to pick just one it would undoubtedly be the 395.

The Husky has an outboad clutch, and the Stihl an inboard - some care, some don't, I sure would.....:)

Fair point if you are changing your bar length, chain and/or sprockets alot. I don't mind an inboard sprocket, for me it's about the saws capability more so. Just another preference point. Well pointed Troll.

Stihl. Better power to weight ratio. More low down grunt for bigger timber.

Contradiction in terms: Better power to weight ratio - yes. However that extra 'developed Hp' comes at the cost of a fatter power band. The 066 is peeky, fall out of the power band and ......

Canyonbc: depends on how big you're cutting or what you expect.

what is the price difference between the two?

nvm, I did some quick googling and found they are both about $1,000.

Last edited:
You can have a Stihl ms660 or grab a Husky 395 and pretend you have a Stihl ms660 :laugh: :laugh:

There's no substitute for quality.

Latest posts

Back