STIHL MS180C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a STIHl MS180 C with a 14 inch bar was wondering if I could put a 16 on there thanks
You sure can! My ms 170 wears a 16" all the time. Just verify that your new bar and chain is the right sprocket/chain pitch. Good luck and be safe!

The best thing to do with these is to get rid of the .043" gauge B & C and replace it with a 14" .050" 3/8" LP (Stihl Pico).
I thought it was a 14 by the looks then looked at the bar it’s a 16 .. I Vic was told it’s an older one but I cz t figure out how to tell that iv tried findiways to search the serial number it honestly don’t look no older the. 6 years to me but I’m not super framiliar with STIHl saws it’s clean I k kw that and only paid 125 for it it cranks up on first second pull cold … now I wish I could put a bigger bar on it but I got other saws with bigger bars.. also maybe you. Oils help me with where this saw was made I also hear some could be made in Australia im not sure if you can’t thanks anyway I appreciate your time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
If you are young and strong it is pointless to yank the starter rope on those. All you are doing is loading up a spring and once it reaches a threshold it will spin the motor.

If you start yanking on it you will be taking it back to the dealer. Pull it like and old man and it will last fine.

If you are young and strong it is pointless to yank the starter rope on those. All you are doing is loading up a spring and once it reaches a threshold it will spin the motor.

If you start yanking on it you will be taking it back to the dealer. Pull it like and old man and it will last fine.
Yeah no reason to rip on the pull cord of the 180C stupid and ignorant to do that with this model…what did you think I was yanking on it or something ? I know better then that . lol only reason I even bought it is because I didn’t have a Stihl and for 120$ for the 180C I thought it was a killer deal and I honestly had the deal lined up before I really knew a lot s out it I just knew I wanted a Stihl and it was a good price once I had the deal set I started doing my research and seen this one had the easy start and TBH I like the easy start method to many days of tryna get generators
Mowers
Trash pumps
Weed whippers
Concrete saws
Chainsaws
Snowmobiles ( to start). I’m tired of pulling on small engines multiple times lol and I’m 30 I’m young and strong I do construction for a living building inground swimming pools but I do appreciate the easy start up… its refreshing

And lightly used. jmho :cool: OT
2014? 10 years old that’s cool I can live with that .. yeah it hasent had much use it’s clean I got it from a guy who bought it from a younger guy my age (30) and he said that that guy had bought it in his teens so I knew it was a little older … makes Sence now I only plan on using it once in a awhile have no need to run it hard right now …

Yeah no reason to rip on the pull cord of the 180C stupid and ignorant to do that with this model…what did you think I was yanking on it or something ? I know better then that . lol only reason I even bought it is because I didn’t have a Stihl and for 120$ for the 180C I thought it was a killer deal and I honestly had the deal lined up before I really knew a lot s out it I just knew I wanted a Stihl and it was a good price once I had the deal set I started doing my research and seen this one had the easy start and TBH I like the easy start method to many days of tryna get generators
Mowers
Trash pumps
Weed whippers
Concrete saws
Chainsaws
Snowmobiles ( to start). I’m tired of pulling on small engines multiple times lol and I’m 30 I’m young and strong I do construction for a living building inground swimming pools but I do appreciate the easy start up… its refreshing

I didn't think anything about you at all.

Latest posts

Back