Stihl MS182 bar compatibility

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithandstef

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Not a fan on the “Light 04” 16” bar and 3/8” PM3 chain that came on my MS182. I have an extra clutch drum and rim sprocket in .325 and a compatable Rollomatic bar that came off an MS210. The bar mounting holes look identical and it seems to fit just fine. But coming from Husqvarna it always felt like bars were very rarely interchangeable. Am I OK here? The bar is a model 3005 000 4713 bar also in 16”. Oilers look to be in the same locations too. Thanks all.

Not a fan on the “Light 04” 16” bar and 3/8” PM3 chain that came on my MS182. I have an extra clutch drum and rim sprocket in .325 and a compatable Rollomatic bar that came off an MS210. The bar mounting holes look identical and it seems to fit just fine. But coming from Husqvarna it always felt like bars were very rarely interchangeable. Am I OK here? The bar is a model 3005 000 4713 bar also in 16”. Oilers look to be in the same locations too. Thanks all.
As long as the holes line up and you got the right sprocket/chain pitch you are fine, that's another great thing about stihls.

IMHO ( and I believe Stihl's) is that 0.325 is too large a chain for a 32cc saw. The other issue is that the clutch drum / sprocket is 3/8" LP (Stihl PM) so you would have to find one in 0.325". The best thing to do with these is to ditch the .043" gauge and run 3/8" LP .050" gauge (Stihl Pico) and call it a day.

IMHO ( and I believe Stihl's) is that 0.325 is too large a chain for a 32cc saw. The other issue is that the clutch drum / sprocket is 3/8" LP (Stihl PM) so you would have to find one in 0.325". The best thing to do with these is to ditch the .043" gauge and run 3/8" LP .050" gauge (Stihl Pico) and call it a day

IMHO ( and I believe Stihl's) is that 0.325 is too large a chain for a 32cc saw. The other issue is that the clutch drum / sprocket is 3/8" LP (Stihl PM) so you would have to find one in 0.325". The best thing to do with these is to ditch the .043" gauge and run 3/8" LP .050" gauge (Stihl Pico) and call it a day.
100% agree. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back