Stihl MS194t Problems...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, so the saws are just the newer models of the previous ones? It seems to me that the differences are mainly the engine size (cc, piston etc...).

The intake manifold that was on the saw, as well as the body points to it being a MS192T, however it has a ms194t side cover on it and I can't manage to decipher the serial number. To me it looks like 3897x0x6x. x is what i can't decipher...
IDK hard to tell from where I am. The side cove certainly could have been switched.

Ah, so the saws are just the newer models of the previous ones? It seems to me that the differences are mainly the engine size (cc, piston etc...).

The intake manifold that was on the saw, as well as the body points to it being a MS192T, however it has a ms194t side cover on it and I can't manage to decipher the serial number. To me it looks like 3897x0x6x. x is what i can't decipher...
I discovered the 193,4 muffler won't work on a 192.

I discovered the 193,4 muffler won't work on a 192.
This is interesting. If i indeed have a MS192T, then I purchased a MS194t gasket from my local stihl dealer, thinking that this was a 194. I came home, discovered that the pan doesn't fit however the exhaust gasket is the same. It fits the screw holes and covers the same area.

My pan is on the right side, with the cracked corner. The left side pan is the one I got for free from my local stihl dealer (also second hand, but no cracks)

Key differences:
Different distance between screw holes
Holes for screws are "sunk" into the metal for the one on the left
One on the left has dividers/fins on the inside, the one on the right does not!
Rounded corners vs "indented" corners

Part numbers:
Left pan: 1137 021 2503 (Fits 192/194)
Right pan: 1137 021 2500 (Fits 194)

I think so... It's just odd that it has a 194t cover on the side. It has the black tab and everything. They must be cross compatible or something. The intake boot and engine point to it being a 192t, however I can't verify because I can't read the serial number...

I think so... It's just odd that it has a 194t cover on the side. It has the black tab and everything. They must be cross compatible or something. The intake boot and engine point to it being a 192t, however I can't verify because I can't read the serial number...
Pic of the muffler? That will tell.

Ah awesome - thanks for your help. Do you know if the 192t/194t side covers (flywheel side) are interchangeable? From my google searches they look very similar - same amount of holes and shape, same screw positions etc... however the 194t has a black tab - the 192t cover does not.

My saw is currently wearing the 194t side cover as that's what it came with, has the black tab, the 194t badge, etc...

Latest posts

Back