Stihl ms660 parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I'm new here and I thought I'd ask about experiences with accessory cylinder sets for the stihl 660, which I bought broken, I haven't received the saw yet, so I haven't been able to disassemble and check the extent of the damage. , I'm from Finland and in Germany there would be a shop called sägenspezi but there are 4 different cylinder sets for that saw model so are there any experiences with these?, I know that the parts in question are probably made in China but I built one 026 model with the cylinder of that shop and at least it worked. Bigger saws are new to me. This saw in question would be used to split wood, so I need more torque from the engine than the revolutions, gaskets and possibly the crankshaft bearings, I was thinking of putting them as oem parts. I installed caber tires on the 026 I made, but I don't know where to find them for this saw, if the original cylinder can be salvaged, I'll use it. I would be grateful if someone could find me a workshop manual for the stihl ms660 model. Sorry for my bad English, I have to use a translator.
Mat87, you did fine with translator English.

Caber " tires" are called Rings and Caber makes good quality.

660 parts should be readily available. I see you went with a Meteor Piston. I stick with OEM if at all possible. Also, I will leave this up to some more experienced techs here to comment, but when I sought to redo my OLDER Stihls, Models 051 and 075's I encountered variations in Pistons and Cylinders. Some were known as A pistons and B pistons. My replacements were matching, so look to make sure your parts match too.

Also, As can be seen in some side by side comparisons of the 2 cylinder heads I have. MY used original, vs an unused OEM, the cooling fins are thin and tight looking on the original, but the casting and shapes of the fins is more bulky and less air space on the NOS OEM that I have yet to install.

Just a few things to keep in mind.
Also, I do own an MS 660 so I am not clueless on the model. Just no experience in repairs and maintenance yet.

36" bar

Attachments

• IMG20240606184508.jpg
    IMG20240606184508.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20240606184441.jpg
    IMG20240606184441.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back