Stihl repair manuals

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckwheat

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Is there a source on-line for obtaining an 044 repair manual? I tried the Stihl Library, but it doesn't even have an 044 owners manual listed. Would a dealer typically have these available for sale to customers?

Go to EBAY and search by seller for KENHAZ Email him and ask about a service manual. I bought 2 from him. Get the parts manual also so you have parts numbers.

Stihl gave me the cold shoulder when I called and asked to buy an 046 manual. Their idiotic policy is to only make factory manuals available to dealers. Yet another example of a stupid Stihl policy.

Go to EBAY. Fortunately Ken keeps a steady supply trickling thru and is a pleasure to do business with. (unlike Stihl)

got it. thanks dave.
I finally got around to tearing down my 044 and found that when the piston sleeve separated, it shattered into pieces so small that it did no bottom end damage that I can find. Everything seems tight, so I went ahead and ordered a Bailey's top end. I thought it would be nice to have the manual so I can fine tune things when I put it all back together.

George

Stihl Manauals

I also have Stihl Manuals that I put on ebay. I currently have a 036 and a 050-051, 075-076 Severice manual. I have a few others that I will be listing. Somebody complained to ebay that I had in my description to email me for other manuals and ebay pulled one of my listings. As for a 044 manual I am not sure. The one thing I will promise you is that I will not make a dime on shipping them to you. USPS shipping is $1.03 Media Mail and $3.50 if you want Priority.

Thanks
Bill

manuals

I have got lots of service and parts manuals from Ken, he e-mailed me a few weeks ago and said he was having a closeout sale because he could not sell them on e-bay anymore do to circumstances he had no contol over.so Ken said he would be selling the last of what he had. That sucks. Try him at [email protected] :angry: Seth

Re: manuals

I agree that it sucks. Did the Stihl Corp. "Gestapo" nail him??

Originally posted by nelsonfrye
I have got lots of service and parts manuals from Ken, he e-mailed me a few weeks ago and said he was having a closeout sale because he could not sell them on e-bay anymore do to circumstances he had no contol over.so Ken said he would be selling the last of what he had. That sucks. Try him at [email protected] :angry: Seth

Latest posts

Back