Stihltech meets the man!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccicora

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have recently ventured over to meet Stihltech and see his toy box. Well after about 30 sec. he was nolonger watching the county parade but in the back showing me a stack of saws. About an hour and a half later his wife was long gone and mine came back too see if we would ever make it too the fair. During that time we had a great conversation on what saws we though were the best going...... KD kept comming up in the conversation.

So couple of days later he had my two KD saws sitting out side ready to get some attention. When Stihltech rev'd the 3120 KD stocker that dangerous grin came accross his face. The full blown hotsaw just amazed him on how it responded or was it the smell of maxima and klotz?

We caught a lot of looks from the fair grounds accross the creek with my toys. I think I got him hooked to try and get one for himself now.

Later,
Chris

Everyone needs a KD hotsaw; like the air we breathe and the sun coming up in the morning. If people don't initially think this way, they shouldn't be blamed, they just don't know any better.....yet.

3120 or 2100 hotsaw

How much did it cost for the KD touch and about how much more power did you get? I was thinkin of having it done with some existing saws but wondered if I should get a used saw and send it to him.

Don,
Different saws respond differently to given levels of modifications, so only Ken can tell you specifically,. My 3120 KD was done as a woods saw originally. This means it retains the stock deadbore cylinder/head, but it has been ported, muffler relieved and had the carb bored. Ken could probably give you a more exact figure, but if my saw was originally in the 9 HP range, I think it might be 13 or so HP with these "woods saw" mods. The term "woods saw" means that it can still be used for normal "woods" cutting, just like it was designed for. I also have a pipe for it that boosts HP way up, but this is only for horsing around and not meant for contimuous duty. HP with the pipe may be in the 17 HP range. I hesitate to quote prices for Ken, but I'm sure he would be happy to talk to you. A basic woods saw job isn't that expensive in the grand scheme of things. What'll get ya are the phone bills! Good luck.

3120KD

dbabcock
I have enjoyed all of your pictures and colorful post in the last couple of months. Your 3120KD 13hp and 17 with the expansion chamber. That's pretty hot for a woods saw.WoW. Seth

hotsaw

Fumes, definitely the fumes.
Looks like my hotsaw is going to have to wait, but I am looking into readying a stocker to start with. Intrigued with the chain, especially when it all made sense. 325, 11 tooth on a 66, yep, makes sense.
Stihlman036, good luck at Booneville!

Latest posts

Back