TADPOLES!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happens? :cry::eek::mad:

Six of my nine 5"-6" goldfish disappeared overnight!
They weren't sick and there were no floaters. Just disappeared.

They've been in there over three years, happy and healthy and growing.
They didn't come out when I called them for lunch today - they always do when they hear my voice.
I drained as much water as I could to see where they were and only three are in there... and they are scared, sticking together, and wouldn't eat.

Would a frog be able to eat a 6" fish??? Six of them in one night??

I see a lot of frogs? jump into the greenery when I get close, and other things I can't see rustling in there too, but I've also seen a huge lizard near the pond.

There's a 2' flimsy fence all around, but something could crawl under. Or jump over.

Oh well.
Such is life.:rolleyes:

Any blue heron in the area?

One other thought on the fish bandit, any fisher in the area and/or mink?
Could be. I haven't seen any... but I had to give up on raising chickens because something was always getting in the coop and killing them. I'd find them dead, like their blood had been sucked out. Someone thought it might be a weasel or mink.
I've never seen any though.
What about skunks?

Now that the fish are all eaten, I hope he doesn't get into the veggie garden next!!
Probably will. Corn is one of their (raccoons) favorites. Then they will start on the beans. Skunks and opossum along with chipmunks will get the melons, squash, cukes, zucchini. They all like tomatoes. Nothing eats okra except me. lmao
Whoops! I forgot about the groundhog. Their hell on a garden also. Along with deer.

Could be. I haven't seen any... but I had to give up on raising chickens because something was always getting in the coop and killing them. I'd find them dead, like their blood had been sucked out. Someone thought it might be a weasel or mink.
I've never seen any though.
What about skunks?
Weasel, mink, skunks, opossum, and RACCOONS will all kill chickens. And they all do their dirty deeds in the dark of night.

A good dog will fix that.
That explains it exactly.
Last April my dog had to be euthanized and then sometime around November, my neighbors great Pyrenees (who lived in my yard most of the time) got killed my a car.
This is the first time since I can remember I don't have a dog.

The neighbor has other dogs, but they're all a pain in my ass and she knows it and tries her best to keep them from coming over here. And I like it that way

I do have cats that spend time outside though, but mostly during the day.

Probably will. Corn is one of their (raccoons) favorites. Then they will start on the beans. Skunks and opossum along with chipmunks will get the melons, squash, cukes, zucchini. They all like tomatoes. Nothing eats okra except me. lmao
Whoops! I forgot about the groundhog. Their hell on a garden also. Along with deer.
Don't have corn.
So far, so good on no critters in the garden.
I'm finding the Ocoee that's growing in the garden not only is good for attracting pollinators, but it also attracted the Jap beetles - they went for the Ocoee instead of my veggies right next to it. Maybe if anything want's fresh veggies, they'll opt for the passion fruit instead of everything else. :)

Yeah, I hate the slimy okra. I do like it fried though.... but you have to deal with the slime slicing it before it's fries, so I don't make it.

Well, I've been wondering what to do with all the goldfish food I have - I had just bought a new 7oz container and still had another 2/3 full.
Turns out, tads LOVE goldfish food. :laughing: :happybanana:
Idk what the difference is between the pink and the white flakes, but the tads, just like the fish, prefer the pink ones.

I added some more water to the tank this morning. We're supposed to get rain later.
They're getting pretty big, and quickly! Still no legs though.

That explains it exactly.
Last April my dog had to be euthanized and then sometime around November, my neighbors great Pyrenees (who lived in my yard most of the time) got killed my a car.
This is the first time since I can remember I don't have a dog.

The neighbor has other dogs, but they're all a pain in my ass and she knows it and tries her best to keep them from coming over here. And I like it that way

I do have cats that spend time outside though, but mostly during the day.
You should have a dog to alert you to things that creep in the night while you sleep.

You should have a dog to alert you to things that creep in the night while you sleep.
I have a motion sensor "doorbell" discretely mounted in the yard. :drinkingcoffee:
Not as lovable and cuddly as a dog, but a whole hell of a lot cheaper to maintain.
Plus, my cats let me know what someone is in the yard - they growl and hide.

It's a froggy afternoon! :dancing:🐸
Found a large tree frog on the back porch...
treefrog2.JPG

Then Lucy, my cat, spotted a baby bronze frog on the poke weed outside the window...

baby bronz frog1.JPG
bronze frog5.JPG
baby bronz frog2.JPG

While I was getting a pic of him, I spotted a tiny tree frog on another leaf, same plant.

gree tree frog.JPG

Pest control!!:clap:

Latest posts

Back