TADPOLES!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, Frogville!
Yeah, I miss my goldfish, but honestly I'm amazed they lasted as long as they did - outside in that frozen kiddie pool for three winters is mind-boggling.

The tads came first and I think I bought the fish to take care of the skeeters... but then I found out about the dunks... and that fish eat tadpoles, so that created a housing issue. :laugh:

I love the frogs.:heart:

Those bronze frogs are pretty scary-looking when they get big - their face looks like a prehistoric monster, bright green mouth with metallic gold/bronze flecks. Pretty in a creepy kind of way.
Pretty sure those are the tads in the tank, their bellies flash gold/bronze when they turn over. The mature frogs flash their inner thighs.... could also be the southern green tree frog

https://dep.nj.gov/wp-content/uploads/njfw/sograytreefrog.pdf

Yeah, I miss my goldfish, but honestly I'm amazed they lasted as long as they did - outside in that frozen kiddie pool for three winters is mind-boggling.

The tads came first and I think I bought the fish to take care of the skeeters... but then I found out about the dunks... and that fish eat tadpoles, so that created a housing issue. :laugh:

I love the frogs.:heart:

Those bronze frogs are pretty scary-looking when they get big - their face looks like a prehistoric monster, bright green mouth with metallic gold. Pretty in a creepy kind of way.
Looks like this year you are raising Frogs :cool:

Got a few more good photos

DSC00198.JPG
DSC00201.JPG
DSC00205.JPG

Too funny! That little green tree frog is in the exact same spot where he was last night on the front porch railing.:)
Must be a good hunting spot.

It's been five weeks since I saw the eggs in the pool and.....
I SEE FROG LEGS!!:happybanana:

I saw them on only one, maybe two - there's so many and they move so fast it's hard to tell them apart - but the rest should be doing the same any day now.

I read about people who have them in an aquarium, that even if they have a place to climb up on they will likely drown.
I think mine should be good to go since the water on the low side of the pool goes right to the lip of the pool (you can see that in the first pic)... in fact, they sometimes go up into little pockets of water on the folded over parts.
I think they'll be able to get out of there just fine. We'll see!

DSC00209.JPG
DSC00212.JPG
DSC00213.JPG

Tads :heart: tomatoes... and watermelon.:yes:
They ate every bit of the last one I gave them except the skin. I found it floating, it looked like a piece of Saran wrap.
I don't like tomato skin either.:crazy:
Btw, every time I go out and have a look, I'm seeing more and more sprouted legs! :happybanana:

Tads :heart: tomatoes... and watermelon.:yes:
They ate every bit of the last one I gave them except the skin. I found it floating, it looked like a piece of Saran wrap.
I don't like tomato skin either.:crazy:
Btw, every time I go out and have a look, I'm seeing more and more sprouted legs! :happybanana:

Who knew?

Too cute!
Four evenings in a row, that little green tree frog has been sitting on the same place on the porch railing.
But today - he brought his friends! :laughing: :heart:
The little brown/bronze frog shows up every night too, but I haven't seen him yet today. He moves around. Last night he was on the living room window.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
DSC00217.JPG

Well MFer didn't want to leave, had a choice of Gamo pellet gun or the MLer with a 370gr....both are ready behind the door.

I will ventilate the SOB next time.

View attachment 1189327View attachment 1189331
I wouldn't blame you one bit.
After watching those Brooks Falls bears last year, I wouldn't want a bear anywhere near me.
I've even read about how they'll break into a house to get food - including people.

I wouldn't blame you one bit.
After watching those Brooks Falls bears last year, I wouldn't want a bear anywhere near me.
I've even read about how they'll break into a house to get food - including people.

I've had one break into my barn, where I store seeds in a metal garbage bin.
Ate every single seed like a vacuum cleaner.

Bennyx.jpg
1 bear attack.png

1 bear 10.png

Latest posts

Back