Taylor or Heatmor wood boiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi I have used a taylor stove for 23 years and would buy a new one the next time if need be. IT costs 140.00 a year to maintain. That is for the rod and chemical.The stove has going all summer and with the large water tank i fire only 2 or 3 times a week for my hot water and a little heat this summer.

Had really good results from our Heatmor. The older one has 4 or 5 seasons on it.
I really like the auger for cleaning, makes it easy and no mess.
Definately would buy another one.

Ed

Heatmor

Ihave had a Heatmor for 5 yrs now and I wouldn't have anything else. Try using the search feature at the top right and type in Heatmor or OWB or something similar. There is probally 10 million posts on boiler comparisions. Steve:cheers:

I like the Taylor because they are so simple, and their design captures the heat in the smoke that is normally lost out the chimney on some of the other brands. :D

Taylor 450 heats my 3000 sq.ft. home and 450 sq.ft. screen printing shop.

I haven't read any bad posts on either owb and I spend way to much time on here reading. You should be happy with either choice. My best advise is to see which dealer has been around the longest and takes care of the customer after the purchase.

Good Luck, I was in your shoes last year.

Last edited:
would like input on either of these tow brands of boilers good or trying to decide which is better or is there another good choice?

There's a guy in my town who bought a Heatmor 3 years ago and he's on his 3rd stove!! IMO I would stay away.. I don't like the water jacket in the door,(causes warping) and the rubber hoses hanging out of the door. The Taylor on the other hand has about 5 inches of firebrick in the door, the water capacity is another thing you have to check. The more water you have the better heat reserve and heat transfer.
Years ago Taylors used 409 grade, they have since switched to 304 grade wich is much stronger and corrosion resistant grade of steel, Hawken Energy has switched from 409 stainless to carbon steel. I like the Taylor because there isn't all the digital read outs/controls to go bad, and their design has the greatest heat transfer,Carbon steel transfers heat better and more durable than SS = less wood.

I know this is not an easy job researching the boilers! I had to do the same thing 8 years ago before I bought my Taylor!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back