MS192TC.... about to pull my hair out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TampaChad

Reaction score
Old MS192TC. Ive owned it about 10 years, maybe? I'm just a home owner, used to to trim branches, etc. It hasn't seen much use, but I've used it

Always used non-eth fuel, and Stihl oil. mixed how they say

It sat for about 5 years. I used it some a couple years ago and it ran fine (fine, not great). It has now sat for 2 years and wouldn't start.

Primer bulb was cracked, so I replaced it.

I took apart the carb and cleaned it, used a Zama RB-69 kit and rebuilt it. It wasn't dirty/gummy inside at all.

I still cant get it to run and BARELY fire.

Went and ordered a generic carb off amazon. Installed it. Fires up second pull but bogs when I hit throttle.

I re-re-built the stock carb. Ultrasonic cleaned. Made sure to spray liberal amounts of carb cleaner in very passage. Took out jets, needles, etc. They look fine

Set needles to 1 turn out. reinstalled everything. It doesn't want to stay running at all.

Still having issues getting it to run.

I don't want to keep throwing parts at it, but dont mind buying parts to get it going.

Compression test is fine. I have a cheap vacuum tester, but honestly don't know how to properly use it to test this saw

What should I check next?

New NGK plug and filter/clunk.

So I put the amazon carb back on, fired right up again. Tuned down the H needle and it's running fine.

I'd like to get the OEM carb working, but for now at least I have a saw I can use to prep for Hurricane Milton

I should add. I've rebuilt dozens of small engine carbs in my time. I even watched a YT video to make sure I was getting this specific one right. By all accounts, I did. Something still seems wrong with it.

Also, spark arrestor screen was very clean, but I did remove it. New air filter as well

Latest posts

Back