Technical Saw Chain Discussion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The improvement of oil delivery on wider guage chains is arguably minimal at best.
Starting with a narrower guage has the advantage of being able to transition to a wider guage as the bar wears (although those not cutting professionally are unlikely to wear their bars all that much anyways).
I'd suggest you see what is most reasonably priced & available in your area (or wherever you intend to buy your bars & chains) & go from there.

The improvement of oil delivery on wider guage chains is arguably minimal at best.
Starting with a narrower guage has the advantage of being able to transition to a wider guage as the bar wears (although those not cutting professionally are unlikely to wear their bars all that much anyways).
I'd suggest you see what is most reasonably priced & available in your area (or wherever you intend to buy your bars & chains) & go from there.
Yeah... I'd love to see an.050 worn to the point an.063 fits and still be worth a ****...

Back