the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friend out cycling today, they arrived at their usual coffee spot to find this.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=the little red grape bakery
ouch appears hooked tree on trailer & landed on cab

Low limbs over country roads vs trucks are a legal conundrum drivers are suppose not to drive under low limbs & the road authority are suppose to clear road envelop to known height but things change and trees droop in wind or wet ground

https://dit.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/1292372/Fact_Sheet_-_Vegetation_management.pdf

yeah, I think he had just stopped off the road to get something at the bakery, and down it came.
wrong place, wrong time, bang.
Blocked the road for a bit, they craned off the rest off the cab after clearing it so the road could be used.
Ground isnt water logged, not enough rain yet, were still down 150mm on average, got 7mm overnight, and probably close to that for the rest of today after that happened.

treedownredgrape.jpg

yeah, I think he had just stopped off the road to get something at the bakery, and down it came.
wrong place, wrong time, bang.
Blocked the road for a bit, they craned off the rest off the cab after clearing it so the road could be used.
Ground isnt water logged, not enough rain yet, were still down 150mm on average, got 7mm overnight, and probably close to that for the rest of today after that happened.

View attachment 1185242
unlucky then, i deal with these truck vs tree events enough to know its more often not good & legal costly for the truck insurance if try to claim.. Unless road authority had failed to act in reasonable time frame under its own set parameters its hard to win a misfeasance nonfeasance tree negligence claim.

unlucky then, i deal with these truck vs tree events enough to know its more often not good & legal costly for the truck insurance if try to claim.. Unless road authority had failed to act in reasonable time frame under its own set parameters its hard to win a misfeasance nonfeasance tree negligence claim.
Will ask a few more questions, was told it just fell on it whilst he was in getting something from the bakery.
Makes a lot of sence what you said tho, and its got me thinking, would the frame on the back show more deform on the ds if it caught the limb on the other side ? I would have thought to bring down a limb that size, it would have had to be a significant hit that would show deform on the ds even tho it was the ps that may have caught it.

i come across truck vs trees just a light touch from the right way can bump off big bough or even up end a whole tree
I cut and dragged one of the road today truck tray excavator passing a street tree easily bumped off solid bough just took paint off the machine
its very variable results very hard to predict tho trees & limbs grow to support against gravity downwards inputs an upward push from the side below can find structure weakness

Latest posts

Back