The New MS880 AS Compared To An 088

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna go get some Chinese food........I'll be back later. Then we'll see how to make the MS880 100% unlimited......and we'll talk about how Keith scored this dang piston. :laugh:
Carb setting too lean? Never seen a score that narrow. But if it can happen I'll be sure to be the one to do it :buttkick:

I'm interested to see the difference in the 088/880 piston vs the NE 880 piston.

Ted said he was interested in seeing both pistons.......well. The other saw is lightly scored too.

Anyway, back to the differences.

The jugs are different on the exhaust side because of the muffler mounting flanges. Plus they are different on the intake side too.

Anyway, back to the differences.

The jugs are different on the exhaust side because of the muffler mounting flanges. Plus they are different on the intake side too.

Carb sits closer to the intake on the left cylinder? If that's the case it'll make more rpm all things equal. Nice to see these big saws. Not something that's as common as I'd like in my area.

Latest posts

Back