Today's find----wood hauler, sorta

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But, yeah, I was thinking of making a removable frame connector at the rear. Oh, and it is made out of 1/4 inch wall 2x4 rectangular tubing.

Maybe put pins in the cross bars so they drop in to the frame and easy to remove once the logs were off. Wish you lived by me. I'd pay you twice what you paid for it and you could laugh all the way to the bank. (while I'm out hauling in wood)

I would make a drop in bracket on the back so it could carry a 55 gal barrel and my sprayer boom so I could do my food plots when not using it for wood.

miracle,,N I C E,,and not to rain on your parade..but a casket weighs???? a log weighs????? the axles are probably strong enough,........

Surely worth 75 bucks but it looks to me like it doesn't have an axle.:msp_confused::msp_confused: - bet it would pick up a log but will the wheels fall off ?

Last edited:
i have pondered the same thing????? curious to see if it will work..
also wonder what it would look like to lose a log going down the road
if it dropped out the bottom for any reason...would be cool to have one....update us and let us know....:rock:

It appears to use implement hubs which are more than stout enough. The lack of springs will surely limit travel distance and ground speed.

miracle,,N I C E,,and not to rain on your parade..but a casket weighs???? a log weighs????? the axles are probably strong enough, but the arc needs reinforcing, unless you make the two bottom bars permanent.......

Casket vaults, made out of cement, most likely.

Can you make a sketch of it with dimensions? I'd like to built one of these, just a little bigger and beefier... :)

That was a great steal right there... 75 bucks!! Wow. :cheers:

Will do, I took it out to the farm, so it could be a day or two.

Casket "vault" carrier. The concrete vault that the casket goes in weighs between 2000-4000 pounds depending on the model and size. Pallbearers carry the casket by hand, to the thing that lowers it into the ground.

But, yeah, I was thinking of making a removable frame connector at the rear. Oh, and it is made out of 1/4 inch wall 2x4 rectangular tubing.

youd be surprised,,at what even a small 18" dia log 16 foot long weighs........im not talking pine.............

Update. Winched up a 1000 pound log (estimate by log calculator). Forgot tape measure, so I had to cut a branch for the unloaded width. Drove two miles (1 up, 1 back) at aproximatly 30 mph.

I expected it to widen out some, but it never did and these were dirt roads, not pavement. I'll up the weight in the next few days and try it again.

Log was a touch over 20" ash 9' long.

Update. Winched up a 1000 pound log (estimate by log calculator). Forgot tape measure, so I had to cut a branch for the unloaded width. Drove two miles (1 up, 1 back) at aproximatly 30 mph.

I expected it to widen out some, but it never did and these were dirt roads, not pavement. I'll up the weight in the next few days and try it again.

Log was a touch over 20" ash 9' long.

the only thing is,,if you once bend it,,the steel is weakened,,even if you straighten it back out.. put those cross connectors in there,,to stop it from ever happening..................you may have to modify them into a u shape,to clear the bottom of the log............and woodweb says it was 1138 lbs,,,,,,,,,,,,,

heck just go for it... put a 38" x 20' log on it..then test it..if it breaks just weld it back and you know not to put that much on again...
i am curious to see if it will work, so update us please..:clap::clap:

heck just go for it... put a 38" x 20' log on it..then test it..if it breaks just weld it back and you know not to put that much on again...
i am curious to see if it will work, so update us please..:clap::clap:
The only 38" logs around here would be cottonwood, probably weigh less than that ash log.:msp_biggrin: I've got to upgrade my cable a bit before I do any more testing. It was protesting loudly on the 1000 pounder.

Nice

That thing gives me some ideals on what to do with my trailer, if I ever get the damn thing. Cool find man":msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back