Traded The 025!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOPEMan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Guys,
Again, thanks for all the info you have given me the last few days. I traded the 025 today for an 026. The dealer gave me what I paid for it minus $20. Not bad for having the saw 10 days and using it quite abit. I came very close to buying the 036 but glad I didn't. Did not like the extra weight! Everything you all have said about the 026 was right. It blows away the 025 in power and chews through logs like a beaver on PCP. I think I might be getting addicted..... I would be interested in someone sending some info(detailed) on the muffler mods. Thanks!

Hi SHOPEMan,

Happy to see you did real good on the deal.

You'll love the 026/260 great little saw, beautifully balanced, real nice handling, super when you will be working with it all day. I hope it came with RS chain instead of that dam RM2.

:D :blob2:

Good choice!

I have an 026 too. You should do the muffler mods that treeclimber 165 suggested. I took his advise and did the mods to my mufler. They make a big difference! Make sure you clean out all the metal shavings before you put it back together! Good luck.

break in time

make sure that you run several tanks of mix thought it before you do any muff mods to it and if it has any adjustment on the carb adjust them to the specs in the owners manual after the break in time too.... this made a big difference with mine, however mine is the older type an yours might not have the H-L adjustment on the carb ....

Great deal!

From what I have read and understand there is no advantage to breaking the saw befor fixing the muffler. The extra heat and restriction of the EPA muffler do nothing to help the break in period. Note the opening of the muffler will change mixtuer requirements and hense a richer setting maybe in order.

Though I would not want to mess with a good relationship with your dealer.

I plan to modify a 260 this weekend, and have equipment rounded up to recording the changes to temperature, sound level, and I plan to check cutting times as well.

my plan will be to bench mark, then add one hole equal to the existing outlet, retest, then add another, retest, join the holes retest, and finaly clean and match the exaust port for a final test.

I will post what I come up with.

Timberwolf

oh ya
If you do modify the muffler
One good tip I picked up is to wash the muffler off with some sort of degreasing solvent before grinding or filing away at it, that way the tiny metal shavings don't stick to the oily exaust residue.

then just a light blow of air or rince will take off the remainder.

good luck

TW

Back