TreeMonkey Walbo 199 Fix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I gave Scott a lot of crap for not sharing how he fixes these a few months ago. Then, I finally broke down and sent him one to fix. He actually agreed to do it, lol:cheers: I've had it for a couple months and finally got to try it out last night on my 2153. I works as good as new, if not better! The saw started cold this morning in two pulls, and that's with no primer bulb. It idles perfectly and still has that magical throttle response that the 346 is known for. So, the moral to the story is, SEND SCOTT YOUR CARBS:rock: For what he does it for, it's hardly worth messing with it yourself anyway. It comes back with a new kit installed and all. What's not to like?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I gave Scott a lot of crap for not sharing how he fixes these a few months ago. Then, I finally broke down and sent him one to fix. He actually agreed to do it, lol:cheers: I've had it for a couple months and finally got to try it out last night on my 2153. I works as good as new, if not better! The saw started cold this morning in two pulls, and that's with no primer bulb. It idles perfectly and still has that magical throttle response that the 346 is known for. So, the moral to the story is, SEND SCOTT YOUR CARBS:rock: For what he does it for, it's hardly worth messing with it yourself anyway. It comes back with a new kit installed and all. What's not to like?

Yeah, he does have a magical touch with those. He fixed one for me on a 359.......

I have one of his "monkey'd" Walbro 199 carbs on my ported 346XP as well. It runs freakin' fantastic! It also seemed to gain some RPM's over the stock Zama it had previously.

Last edited:
Makin me wish I had a Walbro instead of a ZAMA just so I could have Scott monkey with it.....LOL

Mine -had- a Zama.....not anymore though

253848d1348411672-1-jpg

:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:

I wish I would have known you were sending one... I would have paid for the pink paint myself....

Yeah I took one to the WKY GTG for him to take back with him and lucky for me he brings bunch with him to gtg's all ready to go, so I just gave him mine and he gave me one ready to go. Thing is I don't even have anything to put it in. :laugh:

I'm still waiting for the carb fix info...:msp_confused:

I like fix-it knowledge. :msp_thumbup:

Brad
Im glad to read this, I was a loyal follower to all your stuff here until the carb fix post when you got a little sideways with Treemonkey. My thoughts exactly were what a A$$ but after seeing this I love you again but not in a gay kinda way. Have a great Thanksgiving you and everybody on AS
Bill

What is a Walbo?

So I have to know, did you disect it to see what treemonkey actually did? Not asking for the secret, but just curious if you could resist trying to figure it out.

Typed on a tiny cellphone keyboard

I'm still waiting for the carb fix info...:msp_confused:

I like fix-it knowledge. :msp_thumbup:

Proprietary repair that he uses to support himself.

I wouldn't let the cat out of the bag on that ether:msp_wink:

Back