TreeMonkey Walbo 199 Fix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It works, the price is right, I'll simply send him the next one:)

Just the Carb? Or the whole saw?? ;)

how the ---- did this go from carbs to this?

thanks brad

You know how it is around here. After the first page or 2 every thread becomes a WTF thread. Someone's gotta entertain you monkeys...

Brad
Im glad to read this, I was a loyal follower to all your stuff here until the carb fix post when you got a little sideways with Treemonkey.

Likewise. And props where they're deserved.

As for the HD-199 on a 346, mine seems to run great "as is", but is there actually an obvious performance boost for even a "good" HD-199 after the magic wand is waved over one?

And as for Walbo....three feet tall, flat head? (Pics, or she doesn't exist.):jester:

:cheers:

Treemonkey himself told me the carb makes no difference unless the saw is ported for the carb, which I would take it as ported for more fuel. He may clarify if I misunderstood.

Treemonkey himself told me the carb makes no difference unless the saw is ported for the carb, which I would take it as ported for more fuel. He may clarify if I misunderstood.

I have a treemonkey ported 346XP, which was ported back when I had the stock Zama and had no intention of swapping carbs at that time. Time passed and I got a wild hair and decided I wanted to put a 199 carb on it. I mainly just wanted to get rid of the Zama, as I heard I would eventually have issues with the primer bulb setup. Scott basically told me the same thing, it wasn't going to be optimally ported for the larger carb and he wasn't sure if I would see much of a performance difference. Which kinda sucks as if I would have planned things out a bit better I could have had it ported for the 199 from the get-go. :bang:

Anyway, the saw runs great and it seems like I did pick up some rpm's over the Zama. I was out last weekend using it and I have it tuned to 14,400ish or so and it still distinctly "4 cycles" out of the cut. In my experience, the saw may not be optimally ported for the larger 199 carb, but I feel like it did increase the performance some. I definitely didn't lose any though that's for sure!

I don't think you misunderstood anything - the original 15mm venturi should be enough for an otherwise stock saw.

Latest posts

Back