Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No joke. Parts guy said that was, if my memory serves, the most expensive carb they make! Which I don't understand at all. Not even M-tronic. Could be dealer markup, but they have always been really good on their prices, so I pretty well rule that out. The $35 for the carb kit was what got me going. New Walbro rebuild was like $6 shipped on flebay. Stihl seems to think as highly of their replacement parts as everyone who is reselling saws on Cl and such. On another tangent, guy is selling a rear handle 201 for $200. Too good to be true, but even for a possibly new jug it's not a terrible buy.

Now I'm curious enough I will try and remember to ask my dealer

Pictures? What's you get?
Almost $7 for a can.
4d30278826d8ea5993d10743dce192e6.jpg

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Only problem is that now I've got to take the case apart, pop out the seals. Kind of ife on heating the gas tank/rear handle that hot in the oven, 600° for 30 minutes on the third bake time, 250° and 400° for the first and second bake time, 30 minutes each with 30 minutes cool down between each bake cycle.

Don't know if it would be gas and oil proof just by letting plastic cook in the sun all day. May have to try it out on something tomorrow and let it sun bake a few days and see if it will hold up. I'll let you know if it's a go or no go. You must want to spruce up a few saws with plastic covers.

Yes sir I've been looking at the krylon fusion clear gloss for the plastic covers but the gas and such would eat through it I'm sure.

Latest posts

Back