Walkers web site now posting dyno runs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm familiar with the Land and Sea Dynomite dyno, having worked on a front-end instrumentation amplifier for it's strain gauge. It's a nice, compact and accurate water-brake type unit. I find it interesting how low the stock HP numbers are for stock saws like the 346XP. The specs say 3.4 HP and in reality it's in the low 2's. It's also interesting to see how much additional HP Walkers has gotten out of it, as well as the fact that the HP peak is only in the 10,000 RPM range. That's pretty impressive for only a 3 cube engine.

John Walker,
The software in the Dynomite unit will allow plotting the X axis as RPM rather than the elapsed time of the pull. If you could do this, it would make things a lot easier to examine. Thanks and nice job!:D

I must be missing something as I found Walker's saw shop website, but couldn't find the dyno page?

go to the main page and click on the "walkerize" link in the menu on the left sid eof the screen. Scroll down the page that it brings you to, and you'll find the links to the saws they have tested.

Ahhh...I get it; another java bullshipped deal. I use Netscape 4 cause it loads quickly...but it wont support all the calls.

Should have known.

Thank you.

walkerized 038

It's interesting to note that the walkerized 038 actually lost torque throughout the entire range and only gained horsepower in one short band, anybody know why?

Can't load 395 and 3120

Also I hear good things about a 2100.
Is there a real boost in performance?
What is more important, torque or Horse power?

Walkerized decal on Saw

So my question is this ... Which mod(s) earn a "WALKERIZED" decal on the saw?

I have not talked to Walker's saw Shop about this specific question. (I will email them if no one answers this inquiry)

It is my understanding there are 3 modifications they will do.

1. Muffler

2. Muffler, grind Ports and tune (don't tear down saw)

3. Muffler, Ports, engine piston mod, Rejetted carb to match change in cylinder dynamics. (can be a "more" custom job and possibly a HOTSAW)

(Looked at the graphs on the site ... It is amazing how much power they gain on this modification)

Back