Weed Wacker with hedge trimmer attachment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDMiller

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I ran accross this video of a hedge-trimmer attachment to a weed wacker for heavy ground cover

Anyone have or use one of these hedge trimmer to weed wacker attachments?

Do they work good or is it a gimmick? Recommend a brand or link to buy one please

I pretty much have the same issue of gas weed wacker cant cut it. Tall Straw weed get rapped around the head ever minute and stalls the wacker , plus the ground cover and tree root sprouts are to thick and woody for the string wacker. Im using .125 string line and have a big Husqvarna and big echo weed wackers

I ran accross this video of a hedge-trimmer attachment to a weed wacker for heavy ground cover

Do they work good or is it a gimmick? Recommend a brand or link to buy one please

I pretty much have the same issue of gas weed wacker cant cut it. Tall Straw weed get rapped around the head ever minute and stalls the wacker , plus the ground cover and tree root sprouts are to thick and woody for the string wacker. Im using .125 string line and have a big Husqvarna and big echo weed wackers

I have on Briars when they engulfed my firewood stacks one year. It works.

Say what? ,,,, No comprehende senior'

What is "on Briars" ?
....and whats this got to do with your firewood burning up?

:wtf:
I used a trimmer like the OP asked about to cut
Say what? ,,,, No comprehende senior'

What is "on Briars" ?
....and whats this got to do with your firewood burning up?

:wtf:
I cut Briars off of my cordwood stacks, they had overgrown all over my wood . I used a hedge trimmer like the OP asked about, yes it works. Here, click on this link to see what I'm talking about.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smilax_rotundifolia

The thread is asking for equipment info about hedge trimmer attachments for a weed whackers.

Stihl makes a PowerScythe for their Kombi system. I have two 24” and one 10” for the Kombis I own. Excellent piece of gear, use them all the time. The fellow is using the 10” version.

Attachments

• DFCA8001-85DB-4327-8879-79FE3F40B2E1.jpeg
    DFCA8001-85DB-4327-8879-79FE3F40B2E1.jpeg
    915.7 KB · Views: 1
Stihl makes a PowerScythe for their Kombi system. I have two 24” and one 10” for the Kombis I own. Excellent piece of gear, use them all the time. The fellow is using the 10” version.
Excellent

You have to use a brush cutter not a string trimmer first of all for heavy duty trimming

Latest posts

Back