whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just removed a large red oak, trunk was straight and solid. Maybe 40"dbh and 25ft long. Neighbor came out and asked how much I would get out of it at the mill. I thought he was going to have a heart attack when I told him it would become firewood. He thought that I would make a mint of course at the mill.

Good to hear shes doing well Scott and hopefully the nerve issues get better...no comment on Obamacare we'll have to take it to the political forum:laugh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need for the political forum, that wasn't a opinion, that was statement of fact! She needs testing badly, Obamacare says it is unnecessary, Doc's say it is imperative for her recovery, but wont do it, because they wont get paid. But I get what your saying. She is definitely feeling better tho! Its nice to have a bit of sanity back! We had alot of big things planned and everything had been put on hold, starting to get back into the mindset of moving forward......slowly.

I know you said a crack but didnt think it was that bad! That would of sent me over the edge! I think if it was me he would come up missing and not found! I cant believe he sells that ****!

Yeah, still livid pissed. Everyone that I have talked to, all said the same thing. They did that knowing someone could die. Wish I could do more to spread the word, these guys need to get shut down before someone does get killed. The owner of the place, when I called, kinda chuckled and said "cant help ya friend" and hung up. It would be different if it was exposed and I didnt see it. But is was purposely hidden and they told me the boom had been inspected and certified. All a total lie. Granted, I made the mistake of having someone else go and pick it up when I was one the way back from cali, but I wouldn't have seen it either. When I got home, I went over the truck really hard. Everything looked fine, until I started using it and the paint cracked. Just wish it would have showed up much earlier, I have no real legal recourse because of the time that passed before I noticed it.

Your right, I should do that on facebook, going to ask the attorney again about that first, just to be sure. I would sue, but it would be pointless. I have the head attorney for Deere as a client. Took it to her right away. She deals with this type of stuff everyday. She looked into it and said I had no case, based on the time thing alone, She would be all over it if there was a chance.

b9853eda9d3211fcb921eaa194212def.jpg

56929c944c1a4b6397969ac7cc2ac277.jpg

Couple of new toys from the expo yesterday. Glad I only had two hours of time there or I'd really be ****in broke.

No need for the political forum, that wasn't a opinion, that was statement of fact! She needs testing badly, Obamacare says it is unnecessary, Doc's say it is imperative for her recovery, but wont do it, because they wont get paid. But I get what your saying. She is definitely feeling better tho!
It wasn't about your opinion, i meant i would go into a political rant and it would get moved:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your right, I should do that on facebook, going to ask the attorney again about that first, just to be sure. I would sue, but it would be pointless. I have the head attorney for Deere as a client. Took it to her right away. She deals with this type of stuff everyday. She looked into it and said I had no case, based on the time thing alone, She would be all over it if there was a chance.
In this day in age, internet rep is everything to these vendors. That's how people find them, and how they gauge them. If you destroy their internet rep they will feel it eventually.

Yeah, still livid pissed. Everyone that I have talked to, all said the same thing. They did that knowing someone could die. Wish I could do more to spread the word, these guys need to get shut down before someone does get killed. The owner of the place, when I called, kinda chuckled and said "cant help ya friend" and hung up. It would be different if it was exposed and I didnt see it. But is was purposely hidden and they told me the boom had been inspected and certified. All a total lie. Granted, I made the mistake of having someone else go and pick it up when I was one the way back from cali, but I wouldn't have seen it either. When I got home, I went over the truck really hard. Everything looked fine, until I started using it and the paint cracked. Just wish it would have showed up much earlier, I have no real legal recourse because of the time that passed before I noticed it.

Is there a certification sticker? Was the certification done by a 3rd party? Was the certification done by someone qualified to certify aerial lifts? That's who I would go after.

****ing kid kars , what a damn joke how scummy these guys are , and honestly he coulda just made that truck into a killer chip body or something , but instead they knowingly sold something that would most likely fail and cause a death or serious injury , no heart at all just pure scum !

first of all, the guy that sold that damaged machine to green beans is undoubtedly a piece of ****. regarding third party inspection of aerial devices and cranes- in legal terms, the inspection is supposed to reflect the condition of the equipment at time of inspection. period. if damage occurred the next day after inspection was done, there is no recourse to the inspector. by the looks of the damage there is no question there was damage that was covered up in this case. there is a common misconception that there are liability issues that can be directed at the inspector, this is only the case if it was missed on initial inspection through purely visual means. if mag particle, ray, or dye penetrant methods were employed per recorded inspection notes and something was overlooked, you may have basis for liability.

I bet if you got the owners ass in the bucket up 75' and started bouncing him around, he might reconsider.

Back